Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ugh. That's exactly how I figured it worked. So their turn signal module doesn't fix that?
No in the video they are showing actually 3 zones, being ran on 2 different controllers. The one app will run all 3 zones (2 from one controller, 1 from another) but you would need to “brains” to make it function like the video
I know. I want them to answer exactly what they did there, because it's precisely what I was looking to do. LOL They never got back to me when I emailed them about that setup though.
In the video they have 2 different controllers. They have 2 chrome controllers one with the built in turn signal module, one without so tech 4 zones

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've been looking at xkglow because of their ability to do 2 zones and hook the lights to the brake and turn signals. I have a hard time visualizing how something like that would look and install the lights in the proper location.
I don’t have a challenger or the same led kit (aka underglow, accent lighting, etc) but as far as install goes just use some masking tape and fold it on itself to be like double sided tape (you don’t want to use duck tape or stronger than masking tape or the peel away backing will pull off the lights double sided tape) then just put the lights where you think will look best connect the wires to light it up turn off the garage lights and figure out what locations look best then all left to do before committing to said locations is making sure you can route the wiring to the locations you picked and that the wires are away from hot and or moving parts and you’re set. I can speak on the turn signal/ break feature my kit doesn’t do it. If you got the money just do it it’s really not that bad of a job just takes time if you’re ocd about it being perfect. (My kit was $120 but had to buy another kit or two to get it to where I got it looking now so I spent more than I intended but still don’t regret it. here’s my scout with my under glow ignore the mess that was my garage and the fugly sound bars that are now gone)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I don’t have a challenger or the same led kit (aka underglow, accent lighting, etc) but as far as install goes just use some masking tape and fold it on itself to be like double sided tape (you don’t want to use duck tape or stronger than masking tape or the peel away backing will pull off the lights double sided tape) then just put the lights where you think will look best connect the wires to light it up turn off the garage lights and figure out what locations look best then all left to do before committing to said locations is making sure you can route the wiring to the locations you picked and that the wires are away from hot and or moving parts and you’re set. I can speak on the turn signal/ break feature my kit doesn’t do it. If you got the money just do it it’s really not that bad of a job just takes time if you’re ocd about it being perfect. (My kit was $120 but had to buy another kit or two to get it to where I got it looking now so I spent more than I intended but still don’t regret it. here’s my scout with my under glow ignore the mess that was my garage and the fugly sound bars that are now gone) View attachment 619291 View attachment 619292
now my wife wants lights on her scout after seeing yours!!! thanks lol

21 - 28 of 28 Posts