Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a kit from xwglow and curios as to what they will look like. Anybody else have led lights around the bike?

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
969 Posts
I've been looking at xkglow because of their ability to do 2 zones and hook the lights to the brake and turn signals. I have a hard time visualizing how something like that would look and install the lights in the proper location.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought the kit with 12 long strips, and 16 pod lights. So it should be really bright. :) I am going to hook up the brake lights to it, but not a huge fan of the turn signal option. Not for sure how I want to do the 2 zones yet. Left or right. Wheels and center. Front back. So many options!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been looking at xkglow because of their ability to do 2 zones and hook the lights to the brake and turn signals. I have a hard time visualizing how something like that would look and install the lights in the proper location.
I miss typed that. It is xkglow sorry. Same kit I bought.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've been looking at this same kit for some time. The problem for me is that (as far as I can tell) it CANNOT do dual zone, brake, and turn signals all at once. Meaning, if you want your wheels in zone 1 and the engine on zone 2, you won't be able to have the turn signal feature. The only way I think you get the turn signal feature is if zone 1 was the left side of the bike, and zone 2 was the right side of the bike.

Basically what I was hoping for was precisely what is shown in this video:

XKGLOW on Facebook Watch

What's funny is that video is from XKGlow, yet I don't see any kit that can do what is done in that video. :(

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I've been looking at this same kit for some time. The problem for me is that (as far as I can tell) it CANNOT do dual zone, brake, and turn signals all at once. Meaning, if you want your wheels in zone 1 and the engine on zone 2, you won't be able to have the turn signal feature. The only way I think you get the turn signal feature is if zone 1 was the left side of the bike, and zone 2 was the right side of the bike.

Basically what I was hoping for was precisely what is shown in this video:

XKGLOW on Facebook Watch

What's funny is that video is from XKGlow, yet I don't see any kit that can do what is done in that video. :(
I think its a module you plug into the brain, It is coming though. So you would still have your 2 zones, then your brake light feature. That feature is already built into the chrome package. Then when they release the turn single brain, you just plug it in.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I think its a module you plug into the brain, from what I am understanding it hasn't been released yet. It is coming though. They are estimating it to be out in a couple months. So you would still have your 2 zones, then your brake light feature. That feature is already built into the chrome package. Then when they release the turn single brain, you just plug it in.
That will be great! I emailed them long back about this and they never replied. And the video I posted above is like 5 years old or something, so I would have assumed it would've been out by now.... Did they tell you it is coming soon? And it will just plug into the existing system?

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
969 Posts
From the research I've done, to get brake / turn to work properly, you have to do a zone per side. IE: Zone 1 left and zone 2 right.

I'm not sure how it'll work with the Challenger since the brake signal is muxed into the turn signals.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I ordered this connector also, so we will see. I don’t want to cut the factory wiring Easy enough to test before install. If I have to use zone one and 2 that will be ok, from what I’m seeing I don’t see how you wouldn’t.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
969 Posts
That connector is what I would have recommended. I basically have 3 of those on my bike right now. Its way overkill but it's also the way I added devices.

You'll just have to use 3 of the wires.

If you haven't, download and read the installation instructions. They mention the zones with turn capability.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm really watching this thread.... I have had the dual zone kit in my "cart" for so long, but never pulled the trigger because of the turn signal thing. But had I looked further I would've seen that maybe it is doable. Please do let me know if you can accomplish this type of setup:
  • zone 1 - wheels
  • zone 2 - engine/body
  • brakes - both zones light up red (irrespective of current zone color(s))
  • signals - left/right side light up accordingly (irrespective of current zone color(s))

Essentially I'm looking for the exact configuration they have set up in the video link I pasted up above.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm really watching this thread.... I have had the dual zone kit in my "cart" for so long, but never pulled the trigger because of the turn signal thing. But had I looked further I would've seen that maybe it is doable. Please do let me know if you can accomplish this type of setup:
  • zone 1 - wheels
  • zone 2 - engine/body
  • brakes - both zones light up red (irrespective of current zone color(s))
  • signals - left/right side light up accordingly (irrespective of current zone color(s))

Essentially I'm looking for the exact configuration they have set up in the video link I pasted up above.
That’s exactly what I am aiming for. Should have all the parts here sometime this next week or two. Then I will give it a shot, I will update the thread and let everybody know. If it works correctly it’s going to look amazing!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok so update..... I reached out to xk glow. In order to use the left and right turn signal you loose the ability to have duel zone. You could add another stand alone module that would appear as one in the app to gain the “third” zone. But in order to have turn signals, brakes, and the white output. You would loose duel zones. So I have to wire one zone right side of the bike and one zone left side of the bike.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
969 Posts
What's interesting is the video doesn't seem to reflect what the install instructions show. It was either a custom install or something is missing.

·
Registered
148 Posts
What's interesting is the video doesn't seem to reflect what the install instructions show. It was either a custom install or something is missing.
I know. I want them to answer exactly what they did there, because it's precisely what I was looking to do. LOL They never got back to me when I emailed them about that setup though.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts