Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Rider
974 Posts
I got 3 helmets

one is for display - one is new and had been getting worn on every ride since I got it and the other one is still awesome, but has taken a back seat to the new one

1) GhostBiker Predator Helmet

awesome "looking" helmet, DOT rated, but the visibility is trash and it drags BIG TIME at anything over 60mph

Not recommended for long distance or higher speed cruising....

5CD25983-B565-4422-88F7-38622F9291DF.jpeg

2) Bell Qualifier MIPS "Devil May Care"

bought it in 2018 - super safe - and the Transition lens is a dream - I'd wear this one every where...

336E93B6-5C30-461F-84D5-DCFD197D429B.jpeg

3) Voss Cafe Racer Chinese Helmet

Bought it and it came in about 3 weeks ago - it's basically a 3/4 helmet with a face shield/goggles - looks good, but not the safest helmet in the bunch...

ECD62EA9-7E96-4AC6-9B85-0554E4E28583.jpeg

·
Senior member / gold
6,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I got 3 helmets

one is for display - one is new and had been getting worn on every ride since I got it and the other one is still awesome, but has taken a back seat to the new one

1) GhostBiker Predator Helmet

awesome "looking" helmet, DOT rated, but the visibility is trash and it drags BIG TIME at anything over 60mph

Not recommended for long distance or higher speed cruising....

View attachment 584578

2) Bell Qualifier MIPS "Devil May Care"

bought it in 2018 - super safe - and the Transition lens is a dream - I'd wear this one every where...

View attachment 584579

3) Voss Cafe Racer Chinese Helmet

Bought it and it came in about 3 weeks ago - it's basically a 3/4 helmet with a face shield/goggles - looks good, but not the safest helmet in the bunch...

View attachment 584580
I ordered 2 of those Chinese helmets by accident. One with the leather cover like yours, and the other covered with black ostrich leather. They are pretty comfortable, but I'll need to find away to remove the mouth covering from the goggles during our Florida summers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Currently the inventory is comprised of:
  • 2 Icon CG Modular - just bought a new one that I haven't worn yet - this is my standard everyday helmet. Unbelievably light weight, great vision, transition shield, and pretty good venting.
  • 2 Arai 3/4 - One I still use and the other is a spare. Arai changed the shape over the years even though they are the identical helmet. The older one fits better, but needs a new shield and cheek pads but I just haven't gotten around to it
  • 1 HJC Full face. Should probably get rid of this since I never wear it - hate the field of vision on this model
  • 1 Female HJC full face - keep it in case I have a passenger that doesn't have their own
  • 1 Scorpion 1/2 - I wear this when it's really hot and sunny, even though I know it has less protection.
The only time I don't wear a helmet is if I'm in an "optional" state and making a very short (<mile) to get food, etc. All but one of these helmets are white. I realize it's not as "cool" as a black helmet, but in reality, they are much cooler than previous black helmets I have worn. It's actually quite amazing the difference it makes when you stop for a break and leave the helmet on the bike. I don't have a sauna plopped on my head when I get suited up to ride again.
Does Icon still make the helmet you have? I tried to search for it and can't find it. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Good info, their factory is not too far from me, so I am going to make arise out there when it’s safe. I like how they matched your colors, pretty nice! How about cutouts for speakers?

·
Bronze member
1,344 Posts

·
Rider
865 Posts
Two. A Shoei XR-1100 full-face which I use most of the tim and a Shoei J.O open-face for short local journeys. Both are very comfortable, and the full-face one has my intercom installed in it mainly for when Mrs downswalker and I are out together.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
4 - The 1st 2 haven't came out of hallway closet in at least 7 - 8 years.
Full face - given to me by a Harley buddy several years ago - Only wore 4 or 5 times.
Modular - cheap one I got from LeatherUp. Used for 2-3 years.
2 - Half helmets (Bell and Indian). Wore the bell for just over 7 years and now my Indian for the last 16 months.
During this Corona BS got bored and doing some artwork...
1586882223646.png 1586882344904.png 1586882223646.png 1586882344904.png

·
Registered
169 Posts
I love my carbon fiber Bullitt in both comfort and weight, but damn it's noisy!

Seven at the moment, just picked up this Bell Bullitt, my 2nd Bullitt. For those that think full face is too restrictive, try one, it’s the best view in full face. Others are an Arai X4 for the dirt/adventure bikes, a few biltwell 3/4’s, and the Indian Scout Munro tribute. I wear all of them depending on the day/bike. View attachment 584221

·
Rider
974 Posts
I ordered 2 of those Chinese helmets by accident. One with the leather cover like yours, and the other covered with black ostrich leather. They are pretty comfortable, but I'll need to find away to remove the mouth covering from the goggles during our Florida summers.
Oh, trust me, I know about hot summers (Houston)

Houston, San Antonio and Austin have the most 90-100 degree days from Texas to Florida...

the mask and goggles are one complete assembly, BUT, you should be able to find "just goggles" on Amazon 😊👍🏼

·
Senior member / gold
6,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Oh, trust me, I know about hot summers (Houston)

Houston, San Antonio and Austin have the most 90-100 degree days from Texas to Florida...

the mask and goggles are one complete assembly, BUT, you should be able to find "just goggles" on Amazon 😊👍🏼
I actually accidentally ordered these from the WISH app. I paid $15.00 each + shipping. I have some regular goggles coming, although they have snaps for a shield to attach.

·
Rider
974 Posts
I actually accidentally ordered these from the WISH app. I paid $15.00 each + shipping. I have some regular goggles coming, although they have snaps for a shield to attach.
Hhmmm, mine was $80...

yours "might" be slightly different than mine - mine is a Voss Helmet from Gear Rider

·
Senior member / gold
6,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #53 (Edited)
Hhmmm, mine was $80...

yours "might" be slightly different than mine - mine is a Voss Helmet from Gear Rider

Same exact helmet! I got mine a whole lot cheaper. Probably made by the same manufacturer. Mine is labeled "Zengen". They also came with the same colors and leather coverings. Came with the goggles/mouth covering, and snap on visor.

·
Rider
974 Posts
Same exact helmet! I got mine a whole lot cheaper. Probably made by the same manufacturer. Mine is labeled "Zengen". They also came with the same colors and leather coverings. Came with the goggles/mouth covering, and snap on visor.
View attachment 584985
Daaaang !!! You got a good deal !!!

comfortable helmets - mine fit me about 90% - the helmet sat a little low on my head, so it pushed the foam of the goggles onto the tip of my nose and smashed it, as opposed to sitting on my nose bridge...

so, my wife gave me a "pillow" that is the size of an iPhone - I slid it underneath the crown strap and now the helmet fits 100% perfect 👏🏼😊

41 - 54 of 54 Posts