Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Senior member / gold
6,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well! It's come down to this! Lol! The virus has led to this survey, from sheer boredom!!!
When I was a teen, riding my Honda CB160, I owned 1 helmet. It was a half helmet that I painted a copper color. That helmet, combined with the lightning speed of the old Honda, dubbed me the nickname of "Super Turtle" by my friends.
Today, I own at least 6 helmets. Everything from the minimalist brain buckets to full coverage helmets. My favorites are my 3/4 helmets.
How many motorcycle helmets do you own, and which type do you wear the most?

·
German Rider
930 Posts
I own 3 helmets :

AFX FX-88 matte black

AFX FX-76 rebel flag

DMD matte black

Cu,
Sven

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
1 modular for long highway rides, extreme cold, or riding in the rain. 1/2 helmet for everything else. My preference is no helmet at all, but have refrained from that practice for the last few years.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've got two. A Indian half Helmet with a drop down sun shade and a full face Modular for when it's cold.

My Wife.... on the other hand... has like 10!!! Freaking shoes, handbags and now HELMETS! The only she actually purchased was one of those stupid "Cat Ear Full Face Helmets" because I refused to. I said "those cat ears are going to act like big assed sails"

She didn't listen. Bought it anyway. Went for a ride into town, I followed her just so I could watch her head fly backwards at any speed over 30MPH! lol

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
I have 3. Shoei NeoTec II modular for the rain and extreme cold. A SENA 1/2 helmet that was a stupid purchase... I never use the bluetooth on it so it's just an expensive 1/2 helmet. Received my custom Super Seer 1/2 helmet a few weeks ago which replaced the SENA 1/2 helmet. They used Indian paint so it matches my bike.

My lady friend that is occasionally my +1 has 2. I bought her a Shoei NeoTech II when I got mine for Christmas and she also has a Bell 1/2.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I live in pa and never wear a helmet, which is a practice I want to get away from. have piles of brain buckets, I take one with me when I travel out of state, and a 3/4 w a shield I hate. lol. really wanna find a small dot 1/2 helmet that's light and comfy but also offers more legit protection. ill be watching this thread.

·
Senior member / gold
6,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Some of my 1/2, 3/4, and full helmets have the flip down tinted sun visor for the eyes. I really like this feature. I wear eyeglasses, and it helps not to carry an extra set of prescription sunglasses.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts