Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone wired the Zumo 590LM directly into the Chieftan? I've read the Zumo 660 threads and I've seen a couple videos for the 590 but it would be nice to hear of first hand stories for this specific GPS. Pics and videos would be most appreciated!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yes, I have done it. I used a separate bus for power to install it I used a PMD60. I have it mounted with the kit on the left handlebar. Indian never came out with their cable so I am using bluetooth. I would be interested in knowing if you have a certain problem I have playing music from the GPS once you have it installed.

·
Founding member
761 Posts
Seagull
Look under and up the left side of your fairing, there is an accessory plug hanging there that has switched power. It is a square connector with a cap. You can wire it in there. If you can't find it have your dealer point it out.
These make it an easy simple connection.
Tom

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,776 Posts
Seagull
Look under and up the left side of your fairing, there is an accessory plug hanging there that has switched power. It is a square connector with a cap. You can wire it in there. If you can't find it have your dealer point it out.
These make it an easy simple connection.
Tom
Were you able to find a matching plug to put on your Garmin wire? I looked at a couple of places today but couldn't find the male end.

·
Founding member
761 Posts
Were you able to find a matching plug to put on your Garmin wire? I looked at a couple of places today but couldn't find the male end.
Dan,
You don't need a plug in connector for this. By using the posi-tap connector you just attach it anywhere before the connector at the plug in the fairing, there is positive and negative at the connector and it is switched so when you turn off the bike the gps doesn't stay on. If I could take a picture for you I would but my bike is covered up for the winter. It really is easy to find this connector and do this. Ask your dealer to point it out and tell you which wires to tap into to.
Tom

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,776 Posts
Dan,
You don't need a plug in connector for this. By using the posi-tap connector you just attach it anywhere before the connector at the plug in the fairing, there is positive and negative at the connector and it is switched so when you turn off the bike the gps doesn't stay on.
Tom
I have some inline connectors similar to posi-tap, but since there already is a weatherproof connector there, I want to use it if I can.
I found out that it is a Delphi Weatherpack connector, GM type. I am going to try one more place this morning to get a connector. If I can't find it, I'll just put another weather tight connector on.

·
Founding member
761 Posts
I have some inline connectors similar to posi-tap, but since there already is a weatherproof connector there, I want to use it if I can.
I found out that it is a Delphi Weatherpack connector, GM type. I am going to try one more place this morning to get a connector. If I can't find it, I'll just put another weather tight connector on.
Ok, your dealer service dept should have one also. **** luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts