Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put my XM radio on the bike. However, there is not a 3.5 mm input on this bike. I have a iPod Nano that works with Bluetooth. Its plugged in to the USB on the bike, but the bike does not see it so it goes to Bluetooth and it cuts out a LOT.
Now, I need to run power to the Garmin handlebar cradle and mount the XM antenna. The Zumo 550 has Bluetooth capabilities.
I am being told that I need to buy a SM10 Bluetooth stereo audio adapter to plug the audio out of the Garmin handlebar cradle to the SM10. ( Products )
So since I have no power yet to the Garmin cradle how can I find out if the Zumo 550 will Bluetooth the XM radio to the Indian?

·
Founding member
687 Posts
David,
The zumo 550 won't work with the bluetooth on the bike. Please take the time to call or email Indian as I have and keep bugging them about adding an auxiliary port for us to plug our garmins into. I have satellite radio also and cannot use it unless I wear earphones. They told me back in June that they were coming out with an audio integration harness in the fall but it has not yet materialized. I figured if enough people contact them with dissatisfaction maybe they will respond with a product.
Tom

·
Registered
24 Posts
You can hardware to the GPS connector found on the chieftain. Not sure if that's what you have. Search for the schematics. 5 wire tap in. 2 power. 3 stereo that will come from the male plug you plug into the side of the Zumo cradle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts