Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! Recently I am looking for intake and tubers for my scout. I’ve ran through infos here and I really wanted to go with Zipper’s Maxflow and PV3, but are not sure about the mapping issue. Do FuelMoto have a similar map for this combination with a Samson’s Staggered Exhaust? I have sent them an email a few days ago but didn’t get a reply yet. What are your opinions on the Maxflow and PV3 combination? Are they worth the bucks?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Check out my own installation report on the scout performance forum. The Maxflow really needs a custom map to get the best from it...it will work with other mapping but probably won't give it's best.
Have you considered Zipper's complete package? The Maxflow & their slip ons. I believe they offer a PV3 map with the kit??

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check out my own installation report on the scout performance forum. The Maxflow really needs a custom map to get the best from it...it will work with other mapping but probably won't give it's best.
Have you considered Zipper's complete package? The Maxflow & their slip ons. I believe they offer a PV3 map with the kit??
I wish I can get a custom map! We do not have any dyno tune shop in the place I live, and I also wanted to stay with Samson due to the appearance of it

·
Registered
306 Posts
I think you're better off getting an intake that already has established maps. Alternatively, you could purchase the remote tuning through FM which would be much better than running a canned map with the maxflow, but you're still not going to hit peak numbers without physically going to a capable tuner.

·
Bronze member
1,758 Posts
Hi everyone! Recently I am looking for intake and tubers for my scout. I’ve ran through infos here and I really wanted to go with Zipper’s Maxflow and PV3, but are not sure about the mapping issue. Do FuelMoto have a similar map for this combination with a Samson’s Staggered Exhaust? I have sent them an email a few days ago but didn’t get a reply yet. What are your opinions on the Maxflow and PV3 combination? Are they worth the bucks?
What are TUBERS?
Potatoes, Yams,......?
And how do starchy roots increase performance?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Try RVS Performance. They’ll sell you the PV3 and can get you a custom map over a few data logs with your PV3.
The custom map cannot account for wide open throttle fueling requirements if the tuning is being done remotely. If you can't maximize the potential of the maxflow during WOT then arguably any other intake will provide similar if not better results providing there is a custom tune specific to that particular intake.

·
Rider
669 Posts
The custom map cannot account for wide open throttle fueling requirements if the tuning is being done remotely. If you can't maximize the potential of the maxflow during WOT then arguably any other intake will provide similar if not better results providing there is a custom tune specific to that particular intake.
Well he doesn’t have any local tuners available. You could always get wideband 02’s if you wanna make sure your tune is dialed in all the way to WOT.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Well he doesn’t have any local tuners available. You could always get wideband 02’s if you wanna make sure your tune is dialed in all the way to WOT.
Sure you can, and that comes with more added cost and time involved so if your going to recommend a product or service you should be clear about what it will do and what it will not as many people might not understand the difference between closed loop and open loop operations and how difficult PV3/PVCX tuning can be without a knowledgable in-house tuner.

Look, I have a maxflow and I've been down this road already. I've had custom tunes done in house and remotely, multiple Dyno's, and countless data logs so I know firsthand the challenges of trying to dial in the maxflow and after all that I still haven't been able to maximize its potential or hit the numbers shown on Zippers website.

The question isn't about the quality of the maxflow; I think it's a great product with great potential. The question is if it's worth all the added expense and time to try to dial it in to your bike when there are other intakes that already have developed tunes that can essentially be plug and play and arguably just as good if not better performance wise.

Some will say yes and others no to that question, but the important thing is that they can make an informed decision before buying the maxflow, or any product for that matter, so they know exactly what they are getting and what they are not. I guess it's easy to be flippant when it's not your bike and not your money......

·
Registered
146 Posts
The Maxflow is the only intake for our bikes, the rest are just a filter. If you pick a tune that is meant for another open filter it will be a great base map. When you put a PVCX it has the base tune, the computer of the motorcycle will adjust from that map as needed, hense the reason it still runs good in the mountains and at sea level. It's not as good as a self tuning computer that learns farther from the base map, but it's not like its going to hurt to have a slightly different intake. Yes custom tunes are always better because not all bike are the same, that's the reason our computers will adjust themselves within reason. Also if your just looking for good dyno numbers have them do the pull in a higher gear. Higher speed pulls always produce higher HP number, that is why many dyno charts will show what gear the pull was made in.

·
Registered
382 Posts

Use Zipper’s bad boy and you’ll hear the air getting sucked in!

It’s great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
My PVCX will be here tomorrow... Zipper Maxflow will be here Wednesday.

I'm ALMOST done spending money on this bike lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts