Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Chieftain Base++++
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I use battery operated heated gloves and carry a spare set of batteries, they work fairly well. My question to those with heated grips is this. It would seem to me that in colder weather riding it's the front of your hand that gets the coldest being hit by the wind, rather than the palm. How well does the heated grips keep that part warm? Or is it a total warming deal?

As stated my gloves work well, but they are on the bulky side. So yes there's that part of the battery operated gloves.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have heated grips and battery heated gloves. I have not needed to turn on the gloves unless it was 42 degrees or lower on my 32 mile commute. Usually cruising about 70-75mph. Around town or shorter trips on back roads I haven’t needed to turn the gloves on. Riding a Springfield DH.

·
Premium Member
2019 Chieftain Base++++
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Sturgis85 thanks for that info. Just debating if that will be a future project of mine or spend that money on some other mod.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have heated grips, I have never tried heated gloves. I love the heated grips, also the settings on my Roadmaster are 1 thru 10 as far as heat levels. It really helps me a lot especially when it is cold and raining. I did a ride last year from Boston to NYC it was 43'F and raining the entire way those heated grips were AWESOME!!!

·
Premium Member
2019 Chieftain Base++++
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Excellent replies guys thank you for your input I appreciate it. Maybe I'll add this to my list of upgrades, I prefer to not have bulky gloves, though they are starting to break in. Cold hands is the only thing that kills me in cold weather. I can deal with cold feet and a cold a$$.. lol.. but the hands kill me.

·
Registered
97 Posts
As a gift to myself (after I got those $250 referral cards), I installed the heated grips. I certainly recommend. I ride Chieftain, so the fairing does provide some protection for your hands. The settings are from 1 - 10. Also, the heated grips allow me to wear thin gloves which help in managing the controls better. I am not a fan of bulky or heated gloves. Do note that the grip obviously wont heat the back of your hand and only your palm. I have been riding with temps in 40s and haven't had a issues. I am happy that I spent the money on comfort!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts