Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After months of waiting the passenger backrest rack has arrived. I am less than pleased.... Don't know where they have been storing these but both ends are rusted. The threaded portion as well as where the smaller section meets the rack. I'll attempt to attach a couple of photos. Not a happy camper.

Attachments

·
Registered
958 Posts
My friend who managed to get his months ago, was rusted as well. Try spraying a little Strong arm spray on it, that will stop it and will keep it from getting worse. I know just a fix, when you pay this much for something, it shouldn't be that way, a new one would be in order imo. You can get strong arm spray by calling 1-888-271-7055, the stuff really works. I have a padlock which kept freezing up because it sits outside in the elements and a good dose of strong arm makes it work like new. Frank treated a bike of mine that was covered with surface rust 5 years ago and it still has not come back, yes it sits in the garage, but still 5 years ! It really is amazing stuff for stopping rust and lubricating as well as using it like liquid wrench, works better and faster. I know nice promotion, but you will not be disappointed. Tell him Jeff from Oneida sent you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm in the Uk, at least you can eventually get one in the USA ! Over here there are none due before the fall ( can I please have my Victory back !) and the backrest and pad I gave up on and ordered from the USA, I'm sure they get the parts number and the price confused, even where I work in the marine market people would walk away when they heard the price! I'm about to have one fabricated in stainless steel, although there'll be a marginal difference in the finish at least I'll be able to tour two-up, and I'll also have a rack! Pics to follow!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I picked up my luggage rack today. No rust. Very stout construction, don't know where the four pound rating is coming from. But the bolt holding it in is bare steel...WTF?
The dealership had six Tuesday, now they have none!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts