Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
I just ordered the turnout slipons. Looking forward to getting them on and terrorizing the neighborhood LOL

Reactions: Xchoppers

·
Registered
760 Posts
K&N should be coming out with one before too much longer (hopefully). That's what I run in my Triumphs and M109R. I think K&N likes to hold back and wait to see how people take to installing fuel managers and flashing ECU's on new bike models. K&N took about a year before releasing an oiled, cotton gauze filter for my, at that time new, 2010 Triumph Thunderbird. I really like the exposed intakes on some of my other bikes. The aftermarket units look cool. Performance wise, the main thing that increases power is a free flowing filter. Factory intakes can be well designed and I'm betting the Scout's intake is engineered for high performance like the rest of the engine. You can sometimes help flow by enlarging the opening to the air-box. I'm looking forward to checking out what we have to work with when I get my Scout back.
My VTX 1800 benefits from a large intake and I love the "hot rod" look..

airbox.jpg

·
Registered
760 Posts
I just ordered the turnout slipons. Looking forward to getting them on and terrorizing the neighborhood LOL
Sheila shipped them today. You'll have no problems doing that! Our turn outs are loud when you twist the throttle!
Thanks for the order bro,
Sheila and I appreciate it. :D

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
My husband and I were watching a video on the turn out pipes a few nights ago. Impressive

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Sheila shipped them today. You'll have no problems doing that! Our turn outs are loud when you twist the throttle!
You're welcome :D

·
Super Moderator
4,857 Posts
Hopefully it will be a low mount system (that's my input).
My personal opinion, which doesn't mean much, is after this riding season you'll see a number of these new style aftermarket pipes for sale as "used". I think the riders will not like those HOT pipes being that close to their right leg. Just look through the Scout forum and see the number of hot exhaust pipes discussions going on. I think a "low mount" is a wise path to investigate. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Got the pipes today and they are installed. Lord of mercy those things are loud. LOVE'EM :D

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I believe he was on his way to work. There is a picture in the exhaust thread.

·
Registered
760 Posts
PICT0177-1-web 6-27-15.jpg

200 x 18" tire on 5.5" wide wheel (2" wider than stock).
Some modifications are required but original fenders can be re-used.

PICT0176-stage 1-6-27-15.jpg

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
View attachment 15249

200 x 18" tire on 5.5" wide wheel (2" wider than stock).
Some modifications are required but original fenders can be re-used.

View attachment 15271
I see where you're taking the Scout, good deal. As a former VTX pilot I'm looking forward to what you have. I'm on a Roadmaster and I bought my wife a Scout but I'm inspired to buy another Scout to make it my own. Great platform for customization once aftermarket gurus like yourself get rolling. Keep at it, got plans for the handlebars?

Edit: Didn't notice the risers at first.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I see where you're taking the Scout, good deal. As a former VTX pilot I'm looking forward to what you have. I'm on a Roadmaster and I bought my wife a Scout but I'm inspired to buy another Scout to make it my own. Great platform for customization once aftermarket gurus like yourself get rolling. Keep at it, got plans for the handlebars?

Edit: Didn't notice the risers at first.
Thanks for your interest!
Handlebars are "in the works", as we speak. :D

·
Registered
165 Posts
Xchopper, everything is looking good man! Keep up the good work! It's nice to see suppliers like yourself using forums and customer feedback in your work.

I think it goes without saying, but the Kombat Kruzer is looking good bud!

·
Registered
77 Posts
.....after my daughter ran my bike over, I ordered a pair of pistol grip levers. Just installed them. These things are much better than stock, boardering on outstanding. They fit my big ol'gnarly farm hands perfectly, and look great.

-Steve-

21 - 40 of 63 Posts