Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,851 Posts
Welcome XChoppers. Looking forward to seeing more products - and maybe some stuff for the other models beside Scout.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Thanks everyone for your much appreciated support!
I hated to see it leave today but it's off to Alabama from California for prototype development on some exciting products we have planned. It will look much different when it returns. :D
4-8-15aab.jpg

·
Super Moderator
4,857 Posts
Cool, looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

Are you planning any products for the Chief line?

·
Super Moderator
4,857 Posts
That's an impressive list of bikes you have/had.

I think it's time to add a Chief to that line up!! ;)

·
Registered
760 Posts
That's an impressive list of bikes you have/had.

I think it's time to add a Chief to that line up!! ;)

With the exception of the Diavel I totaled in January, that's not a list of bikes I have had, it's a list of bikes I have NOW :D
I'm 66 (next month I'll turn 67). If I was younger I probably would add a Chief but I'm actually reducing my collection in preparation for retirement in a couple of years. In the last 3 months I sold a beautiful '69 BSA Lightning and a '81 Honda CB900F with only 4,000 miles I had.
We're looking to buy a house or condo on the beach, probably in southern Florida. I figure I will only have one or 2 bikes at that point in my life.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I thought I should take the opportunity to express Sheila's and my own business philosophy. We feel, in order to properly offer motorcycle accessories we need to know what works and what people need for their specific bikes. That's why we specialize in parts for only a handful of motorcycles. Xchoppers.com offers parts and accessories for motorcycles I personally own, frequently ride, and modify with the parts we manufacture and offer to the public. We specialize in parts for Honda VTX, Suzuki M109R, Triumph Thunderbird, Rocket III and Bonneville (with less empathies on Triumph parts). Recently we have added the new Indian Scout to our product line.
I like them but I don't own an Indian Chief and don't feel I know enough about them to offer advice to customers looking to buy parts for them.
I feel credibility is essential to our business.
By the way, we've owned and operated Xchoppers since 2004.

·
Super Moderator
4,857 Posts
Cool list of bikes!!

I posted in another thread that the aftermarket suppliers, for exhaust pipes, seem to want to move the pipes UP toward the rider. Last year we had a number of riders here complain about the heat from the pipes roasting their right legs/thighs. SO, as I look at these new pipes coming onto the market that are maybe 6 to 8" below the right thigh I can only surmise the aftermarket guys aren't riding Scouts and Chiefs.

Nice to know the credibility of your business, others would offer advice and parts without a clue. :(

·
Registered
760 Posts
Thank You! I hear you! I almost feel like posting warnings on some parts and, in actuality there are many items we refuse to sell (like novelty helmets). Bike parts too. I gladly offer my recommendation to anyone that asks for my advice. I remember all the old guys that wouldn't share info. when I was young. Personally, now that I'm old I enjoy sharing what I've learned. :D

·
Registered
760 Posts
My Scout finally arrived yesterday at my partners shop in Alabama. Now the fun starts! R.C. Components recently announced availability of custom wheels for the Scout and I called our rep. there this morning to inquire about size availability. They said they'll make any size I want to order. Now we need to figure out what size we want to try first o_O
PICT0107.JPG
PICT0113.JPG

·
Registered
891 Posts
The sooner the better! I was also wondering about a hiflow air filter for the scout? It seems like someone would have put one on the market by now. Thanks

1 - 20 of 63 Posts