Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
] I am happy to announce Xchoppers is now a dealer for Mother Road Customs :)
I ordered a seat and mounting kit be sent to my partner in Alabama so he can fit it on our Kombat Kruzer.
This is the seat I ordered:

This is the mounting kit:

The owner told me they will be offering seats for Indian Chief models soon as well. I will be adding Mother Road seats and mounting kits on our website ASAP.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Awesome, thanks :D

Reactions: Xchoppers

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,038 Posts
]...The owner told me they will be offering seats for Indian Chief models soon as well. I will be adding Mother Road seats and mounting kits on our website ASAP.
I've been looking at this seat:

with an eye to solid-mounting it on Chieftain #873 using the stock seat-mount points (no springs) and allowing for attachment of Indian's solo fender rack which bolts to the bottom of the stock seat-pan. I don't think it will need the springs with the Chieftain's plush suspension and I'd like to keep the seat close to the frame and keep the rack I've already got. I can fabricate a bracket to do that myself, but I wonder what kind of mount Mother Road intends?
--- Randall

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shoot me the item numbers if you want. I will add them on our website. Forum members get 7% off their Mother Road Customs order when requested by phone call or email.

·
2,038 Posts
Evening Folks,
I know some of you may be questioning the comfort and long-distance riding capabilities of these traditional saddles. I have put many miles on Bates and H-D solo saddles, usually on rigid-framed bikes.These are very active bikes to ride as they are much more reactive to rough roads than suspended machines. The hard, slick, saddle works well for the same reasons that horse saddles are hard and slick; you can move around. Being able to move around and change pressure points is important for comfort on long rides. The closed-cell foam Mother Road is using on these saddles will mold to your butt as the leather breaks in, so there will be a sweet spot where you're locked into the saddle, but the surface will allow you to easily slide forward or back and from side to side. The reason I'm thinking about replacing Chieftain #873's stock saddle, is that after 36,000+ miles, the foam has collapsed to the point that I am locked into a single position, like sitting in a catcher's mitt; gets old after an hour or so.
--- Randall

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Evening Folks,
I know some of you may be questioning the comfort and long-distance riding capabilities of these traditional saddles. I have put many miles on Bates and H-D solo saddles, usually on rigid-framed bikes.These are very active bikes to ride as they are much more reactive to rough roads than suspended machines. The hard, slick, saddle works well for the same reasons that horse saddles are hard and slick; you can move around. Being able to move around and change pressure points is important for comfort on long rides. The closed-cell foam Mother Road is using on these saddles will mold to your butt as the leather breaks in, so there will be a sweet spot where you're locked into the saddle, but the surface will allow you to easily slide forward or back and from side to side. The reason I'm thinking about replacing Chieftain #873's stock saddle, is that after 36,000+ miles, the foam has collapsed to the point that I am locked into a single position, like sitting in a catcher's mitt; gets old after an hour or so.
--- Randall
Thanks for your knowledge. I've ridden but never owned a hardtail. I've never ridden a bike with a tractor seat though. I'm looking forward to riding my Scout with all the changes when it returns from Alabama. Next I'll be looking for better rear suspension. I'm thinking we already have the front suspension fixed. Time will tell...

·
6,027 Posts
Evening Folks,
--- Randall
Totally in agreement, that's also true for off-road bikes; ability to move in the seat is key. What I had in mind when I customized the Vintage saddle Bates-style. Looking forward to seeing what @Xchoppers has for the 111s.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts