Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daryl sent us the first photo of our Xchoppers 240 Kombat Kruzer fat tire conversion under development. We're using a RC Components 8.5" x 18" Viper wheel. Fitment tricks are being learned. We plan to offer kits this Spring.

7-20-15dweb.jpg
7-20-15bweb.jpg

·
Registered
582 Posts
I see you've changed the rear rotor. The 298mm rotor in a 5-bolt pattern isn't exactly common, is it? :) The rest of it looks very nice! I can't wait to see what comes of it!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see you've changed the rear rotor. The 298mm rotor in a 5-bolt pattern isn't exactly common, is it? :) The rest of it looks very nice! I can't wait to see what comes of it!
Thanks man! We are excited!
When you change to a RC Components wheel you must also use a RC Components rotor as well. That's the matching style rotor they supply.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We received some new photos today from our partner and good friend on Scout projects, Daryl Hohsbergen. Daryl owns and operates VTX-treme
I took the liberty of Photoshopping a more complimentary color.
7-22-15aa.jpg

The fender was just laying on tire for this photo and I 'shopped it in the front where it would need to be trimmed to fit a Scout. You get the idea though what it's going to look like.
This will probably not be the final fender design. We'll offer at least one short version and a longer one. Between Daryl and another partner, Xchoppers plans to be your one stop Scout shop.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
7-22-15b.jpg

I'm going to feel a lot more secure with larger tires on my Scout. Directional stability will be more solid with more rubber on the ground. The one area I'm not thrilled with on a Scout is how "twitchy" it feels after having riddden larger motorcycles for so many years. The Ducati Diavel I had overcame the feeling of being a smaller, lighter bike by using large wheels & tires, front and rear. We're doing the same with the Scout. A Scout and a Diavel share the same, 550 lb. weight. Larger tires on a Scout is a great way to give it street fighter looks and handling. We call it the Xchoppers "Kombat Kruzer" :cool:

PICT0136aa.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
that's more than great. congratulations from Germany. must have this for my Scout. when do you Think this is avaliable and where to get it ????

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that's more than great. congratulations from Germany. must have this for my Scout. when do you Think this is avaliable and where to get it ????
We should have parts available by late September, early October. Thanks for your interest!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
] I am happy to announce Xchoppers is now a dealer for Mother Road Customs :)
I ordered a seat and mounting kit be sent to my partner in Alabama so he can fit it on the bike.
This is the seat I ordered:

This is the mounting kit:

The owner told me they will be offering seats for Indian Chief models soon as well. I will be adding Mother Road seats and mounting kits on our website ASAP.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
View attachment 17210

I'm going to feel a lot more secure with larger tires on my Scout. Directional stability will be more solid with more rubber on the ground. The one area I'm not thrilled with on a Scout is how "twitchy" it feels after having riddden larger motorcycles for so many years. The Ducati Diavel I had overcame the feeling of being a smaller, lighter bike by using large wheels & tires, front and rear. We're doing the same with the Scout. A Scout and a Diavel share the same, 550 lb. weight. Larger tires on a Scout is a great way to give it street fighter looks and handling. We call it the Xchoppers "Kombat Kruzer" :cool:

View attachment 17213
Hey Grant, any updates on your Scout?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I talked to Daryl about it yesterday. He's been overwhelmed with work for his business, VTX-treme but progress has been steady. There are still some "loose ends" that need to be addressed before we send the bike to the person that will be developing fenders and exhaust for it. I'm thinking it won't leave Daryl's shop before sometime in November. I'm hoping to have photos to show for the front end pretty soon. We will be offering new triple trees with fat fork covers, wider spacing and a larger front wheel / tire.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm looking forward to installing a 2 into 1 exhaust and a Trask intake filter on my Scout. Tests have shown 100 rear wheel horsepower with Bassani's and a Trask intake. That kind of power with our 240 rear tire kit and fat fork front end are going to make for an exciting toy to ride! I have been telling people for almost a year now the Scout is a mid size power cruiser and fully capable of kicking some big bike booty! The Xchoppers "Kombat Kruzer" tire and wheel changes we are coming out with will get the attention and the inherent Scout horsepower will back up the image. This is going to be a bad ass cruiser folks. :cool:
PICT0143a.jpg

We'll also be offering a 200 x 18" rear wheel package as well.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi friends, any update about this project?
We are excited, many thanks !!
Sorry I didn't see your inquirey earlier. Progress has been slow but steady. Looking to release sales of products this Spring. I will be showing progress as I have photos available.
Thank you for your interest :D

Leaving on vacation tomorrow, returning 1/25.

·
Registered
7 Posts
How did you align the drive belt? Offset pulley or pulley spacer maybe? I'm looking to run a 6 inch wide rear zx10r wheel to match the zx10r front end on my scout with a 180 or 200 tire and wondered how to align the belt.

·
Registered
7 Posts
How did you align the drive belt? Offset pulley or pulley spacer maybe? I'm looking to run a 6 inch wide rear zx10r wheel to match the zx10r front end on my scout with a 180 or 200 tire and wondered how to align the belt.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts