Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok before anybody tells me not to get apes because of handling or comfort, i put over 10,000 miles on my last bike with apes and could scrape the pegs through corners and do figure 8's on the riders course. now that i have prevented any replies against my personal preference lol, MY QUESTION IS, what apes can i put on my XC without changing wiring? and does that include not having to change my cruise control and radio control? anyone who has done this please respond, and btw, im looking for black barsm thanks!!!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Since I haven't installed them, I suppose I shouldn't tell about the gorilla bars you'll find on the attached page.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i like those bars, please let me know how the install goes! thanks!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure what fits a CC but riding with mini type apes is probably the most comfortable position to have your arms. No numbness in the hands or fatique in the shoulders. I think most are just scared of them because they see all these choppers with 6' bars on them and a guy reaching to heaven to hold on...

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure if the Hardball bars would fit but they were a direct swap on a XR.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whatever bars i find, i just want to make sure they can be put into a fairly forward position! i dont like havin my bars close to me

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't forget about HMD520 Bagger bars. I absolutely love mine...

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
9847 said:
Don't forget about HMD520 Bagger bars. I absolutely love mine...

i got a set of these on the way ,cant wait to get them on the bike.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
9847 said:
Don't forget about HMD520 Bagger bars.  I absolutely love mine...

Did you have to change any wiring when you installed them. I'm also looking at putting APES on my XC. I like the meat hooks. I'm just wondering about cables, cruise, and radio as well.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Saw the adjustable Arlen Ness apes installed on a cross country at Laghlin this spring. Looked great and worked on stock cables.

DDon
Calgary, Canada

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
got the hmd bagger bars , just put them on , i like them alot and think he look great , good feel and position

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
17065 said:
got the hmd bagger bars , just put them on , i like them alot and think he look great , good feel and position
Did you take off the whole fairing or just the facia and lift it a little ?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i ubolted the fairing from the bike and hung a strap up over a truss in the garage and lifted the faireng up and out a little ,did not unhook any wireing

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You cannot go wrong with the HMD Gorilla Bars. I was initially looking at the 2.5' pullback bars, but after seeing them in person, and how comfortable they are. It was a no brainer for me.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got the FMB hi/lo and I added 3' to the cables and noting on the wiring

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I put the Rick Fairless 'Boogie Bars' on my CrossRoads and only had to reroute the brake lines.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have the HMD Gorila bars. I had my doubts at first. By far the best mod Ive done to my bike, Did not have to extend any wires / hoses. Unbilted the fairing and lifted it just enough to change the bars...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts