Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have a set of stage 3 indian cams they didnt use during a 116 upgrade? Let me know and give me a price before I order up some 570s.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Man... contacted a good 15 dealers today. No joy.

Anyone have part numbers so I can just buy them retail. Ridiculous.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My understanding is you can not buy them separately from the 116 kit. And from what I've read it seems you need upgraded springs at the same time.

But if I am wrong and you are able to by separately that would be awesome.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wondering if the 2020 116 comes with the same cams. If so, there should be stock part numbers somewhere.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Good point. ?‍♂ hopefully someone that is much wiser on the subject can enlighten us. But seriously if you find out that works LMK please.

·
Bronze member
2,256 Posts
Wondering if the 2020 116 comes with the same cams. If so, there should be stock part numbers somewhere.
nope ... the 2020 116 stock cams are milder than the BBK 116 cams!

If you want BBK 116 (stage 3) cams ... they are part of the new 2020 116 stage 2(!) kit!

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
2,256 Posts
That's.... dumb... no way to buy separate to anyone's knowledge?
oh ... the 60mm TB and the larger injectors are certainly worth something when trying to sell here!

I e.g. have a Venom Plenum Intake for exactly that 60mm TB (already) ... and looking at my borderline injector duty cycles at WOT and top speed (clearly beyond 80% ... close to 90%) I need certainly to step my injectors up if I later want to keep my 585s when going 116.

·
Bronze member
2,256 Posts
Hmmm. If I buy the kit you wanna buy the TB and injectors. I already have those. Lol
The bigger injectors: yes!

The 60mm TB I already have ... but other VP buyers can save 100 bucks and buy yours for 200 ... which would make the 799 closer to 600 comparable to e.g. Loydz/S&S cams ... the only (other) aftermarket cams which come with compression releases built in.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rastus. I've read a good amount of your massive thread. Good stuff in there for sure. And thank you for the part number pic! Much appreciated.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cmoalem. Let me see if I can track down these part numbers and if not I'm going to order the stage "2" kit. I should have a yay or or nay for you by late tonight if you're cool with that.

·
Bronze member
2,256 Posts
Cmoalem. Let me see if I can track down these part numbers and if not I'm going to order the stage "2" kit. I should have a yay or or nay for you by late tonight if you're cool with that.
sure thing ... all cool. I am not in a hurry

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So for anyone wondering... definitely a better deal to buy the stage 2 kit if you already have high lift valve springs. Heres why:

1205417 $226.99
1205418 $390.99
1205419 $390.99
Total for just the stg 3 cans $1008.97

Or... the 2020 stage "2" kit with injectors, 60mm throttle body, and cams:
2884323 $799.99

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Needless to say. I'll be ordering this kit tonight. So if anyone wants a good deal on a 60mm throttle body I'll have one soon. And CMOALEM, you've got dibs on the injectors unless youd rather the 350 cc injectors I ordered from 0moto that are still on the way. Either pair is yours.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts