Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy gang,

I need to buy the side panel for a 2018 Indian chief dark horse. It’s the left hand side panel that goes directly over the battery.

Before you make fun of me, yes I know this is a long shot. Even if you’re fishing for mermaids you still have to cast a line.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,108 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that’s the direct from Polaris price.

Good luck!
They have them on cheapcycleparts.com for $404. Not sure if they're painted or not....

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
It's a bit confusing having 'battery cover' in the title (the battery is somewhere else) but the 2017 from @mroberts440 will fit all TS111 bikes.

If yours blew off in the wind, as sometimes happens, this guy has safety wires that hold them on the bike.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey this is great information! Thank you. It’s my brother’s dark horse so I’m just going by what he was calling it. I’m reasonably convinced that we are all talking about the same part. I’ll pass along the safety wires immediately.

It's a bit confusing having 'battery cover' in the title (the battery is somewhere else) but the 2017 from @mroberts440 will fit all TS111 bikes.

If yours blew off in the wind, as sometimes happens, this guy has safety wires that hold them on the bike.

Reactions: Dr.Shifty

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
The grommets are a known problem. It seems they harden up and crack and several people on here have lost a cover over the years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts