Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so I got bumped at an intersection and the asshat drove off without even stopping to check on me.
So I in time will need to replace my
Handle bars, clutch lever, Gear Selector, "Indian" logo for left side of tank, Left Rear shock Spring, Left Mirror is ok but could use a replacement someday, Front Fender has a scratch but I can get that painted. Will post photos later.
All in all I only have some pretty bad bruising on my legs, and the bike is pretty much ok. If you were to walk by it you wouldn't think it had been hit.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was rolling a little bit when the truck bumped me, seriously at like 2mph. It had left a blue mark but it buffed out with some work. Handle bars are a little bent. Very little dip to the lower left. And the spring had scratches and a slight bend inward. But the bike rides straight and everything shifts smoothly :)

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have handlebars and mirrors, both chrome. Also have a left side only grip I can send you, changed mine out and was able to save the clutch side. PM me if interested.

That much damage and the truck didn't even stop. What a dick!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Will look around to see if i still have the tank emblem...i know i have the shocks, but mine are off a 69 and are also chrome; let me know if your interested.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will look around to see if i still have the tank emblem...i know i have the shocks, but mine are off a 69 and are also chrome; let me know if your interested.[/QUOTE

I'm not in a huge rush to buy anything but I will have to do something soon.
I have a 69 just to be clear.
Man I was thinking of buying the INT'L version shock covers too. They'd be cool to paint in the future.

I don't mind chrome bars. Would look kinda cool. My goal is to white, most of the black paint and chrome the bike. Sorta into a white horse.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hey RR, you have a 69? The pics look like a 60, engine, black covers, gas cap, no wire cover, etc. I have been VERY wrong before though.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh shoot yea sixty my bad. Mus'tve hit my head a little harder than i thought.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is a photo of my leg. Be safe out there guys. This was litteraly a 2mph collision.
Skin Joint Arm Scar Leg

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im giving it some time but bars will be the first thing I'm needing to replace. Anyone have any opinions on drag bars?
I'm arguing between trying those out or going with the stocks again.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I have a set of metal tank emblems. I will also have a clutch lever soon - my brake lever got a little bent so I am replacing the pair with the bronze. I do have a front fender too, but trying to sell tank and fenders together.

PM me if you are interested in any of this. Hope you are healing!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts