Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are looking for a roadmaster trunk set up and ready to hook up to a 2015 Chieftain, black seat would be nice. A reasonable price would be great also!

·
Bronze member
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its for a friend, he wants the roadmaster trunk.

·
Bronze member
2,126 Posts
Its for a friend, he wants the roadmaster trunk.
Lol me too at first till they told me the price. I tour a lot so this worked better for me I need the extra room. Shop around some guys on here have found some really good deals out there.

·
Bronze member
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought one a year ago for 1500 complete.

·
Rider
747 Posts
Finding an Indian trunk is like finding hens teeth. They very rarely go up for sale and when they do you need to be online as soon as it posts or it will be gone. I've been looking for one and can't find it. I missed one by minutes a few months back on this forum. You better hope you see it posted before me! LOL!:)

·
Rider
862 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,126 Posts
@Thelastbill i didn’t use indians quick disconnect they wanted $500 at the time which was insane. I went with Marcus a member on here who owns a shop that also makes them shipping and all was 1/2 the price. But I did see Indian has them down to about $200 now. It’s not a lot of work line it up drill and bolt it down. If you decide to give it a go hit me up I’ll walk you thru it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
@Thelastbill i didn’t use indians quick disconnect they wanted $500 at the time which was insane. I went with Marcus a member on here who owns a shop that also makes them shipping and all was 1/2 the price. But I did see Indian has them down to about $200 now. It’s not a lot of work line it up drill and bolt it down. If you decide to give it a go hit me up I’ll walk you thru it.

Where did you see the indian QD down to $200? I dont see that on the website.

·
Bronze member
2,126 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
When I saw the clearance trunk mount on the website it was "out of stock" and I asked to be notified when they were available. A day or two later I was checking the "clearance" section again and was able to order one on the spot. I never did receive a notification that they were in stock, but I did receive the base less than a week after ordering it. As noted by KnS the center plate is different and I also noted that there is no chrome bumper (1020997-156) on this base (but the mounting holes are there).

So what I learned is to keep checking the Indian website for availability.

·
Bronze member
2,126 Posts
@Mudboy now that’s a more realistic price for that price I would have bought one myself. Don’t back into anything and you won’t need a rear bumper lol looks better without IMO

·
Rider
396 Posts
The weld bumper for the painted trunk bolts to the base and to the trunk in the back. The bumper for the Classic leather bag doesn't. My guess is the weight of the painted trunk requires more support

·
Bronze member
2,126 Posts
The weld bumper for the painted trunk bolts to the base and to the trunk in the back. The bumper for the Classic leather bag doesn't. My guess is the weight of the painted trunk requires more support
That’s a good possibility indians vs Harleys the indian trunk is 30 to 35lb heavier I can put my Harley tourpak on my indian by myself. My victory tourpak same way it weighed 50 lbs my brother says his indian trunk is closer to 60

·
Registered
55 Posts
When I saw the clearance trunk mount on the website it was "out of stock" and I asked to be notified when they were available. A day or two later I was checking the "clearance" section again and was able to order one on the spot. I never did receive a notification that they were in stock, but I did receive the base less than a week after ordering it. As noted by KnS the center plate is different and I also noted that there is no chrome bumper (1020997-156) on this base (but the mounting holes are there).

So what I learned is to keep checking the Indian website for availability.

I went on the site too and it said they were in production but you can still buy one and you’ll get it when they’re available. Mine will be at the house this afternoon. Now to find a tour pack...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts