Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for the Indian products. Prefer the backrest without studs, but would probably take one with studs if the price is right. Just picked up a '17 Chieftain, has the Kuryakyn backrest, but it doesn't fold down for getting on/off the bike, which doesn't work very well for me.

Reply, or PM me. Thanks.

·
Rider
1,179 Posts
Not sure if you’re looking for specifically Indian brand or just the Indian brand style of backrest. There’s knockoffs on eBay of the mount and the folding backrest that look and operate like the Indian ones for probably half the price. They are good quality in my opinion.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Yep, have seen those, and have a couple bookmarked in E-Bay in case nothing pops up here.

·
Rider
1,179 Posts
Can someone put down an Ebay Link? The only tan one I found were OEM ($389.00)
Probably out of luck on the tan. Can’t find any on eBay. Can only find black and don’t remember ever seeing the Knock offs in tan. I’ve only looked for them in black though, could be I just never noticed them because I wasn’t looking for tan.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mlv, thanks. I did check that one out. Decided to go with the new items from Eagle Skull, bought direct from their website, free shipping that way. $310 total for the mount and studded backrest. Appreciate all the responses.

·
Registered
42 Posts
mlv, thanks. I did check that one out. Decided to go with the new items from Eagle Skull, bought direct from their website, free shipping that way. $310 total for the mount and studded backrest. Appreciate all the responses.
You’ve had it for a couple months now, how is it? I’ve certainly considered this one as a plan B if I can’t find a deal on an OEM backrest.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I’m selling a like new black one with studs in the parts for sale section.

Reactions: Doctor.K

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You’ve had it for a couple months now, how is it? I’ve certainly considered this one as a plan B if I can’t find a deal on an OEM backrest.
Actually, I had to return that one, as the mount just would not line up with the holes; seemed like their mfgng jig was set up about 1/8" off when drilling out the mount holes. Ended up buying a new Indian mount from the dealer, along with the backrest from a member on another Forum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts