Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.. I saw one of these once on eBay. And I should have bought the damn thing when I saw it. It's not Polaris era, it's gotta be Gilroy. Seems like they had ALL the cool accessories. No part number, googled every combination I could think of for an image without any luck.

If you happen to see one. I'm looking.. Thanks!

·
Registered
271 Posts
It would be Gilroy, they had cool accessories, the best leather jackets (made in Canada by Rotweiller, I own five of em) , and I have t-shirts I bought in 2001 that show little if any signs of wear. The good stuff stops there though. I had three different engine rebuilds in my 2002 Roadmaster. The tube you describe Had a bad habit of loosing the screw on lid. The bikes left little to be desired, nothing an additional 5-7 K above original purchase price. Funny thing is not a day goes by I don't miss that bike. Did I also say they were beautiful? Google 2003 Indian Chief Vintage. IMHO one of the most beautiful bikes of all Indian eras. Especially the red.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Beautiful bike.. I thought it was Gilroy, I've picked up a couple other small things that fit my '14 Chieftain.. Wish I knew of more that would fit.. The arrow linkage, some of the covers.. Nice stuff!

·
Registered
36 Posts
That is after the Gilroy.. Gilroy had S&S motors. that was from a company out of London.. from 08 to 11...then Polaris took over..

·
Registered
271 Posts
Thanks Tommy G. I put a lot of blood, sweat and tears and $$$$ into it. rgarrett If you are referring to the bike I posted a picture of it is a 2002 Indian Roadmaster #949. I owned it 8 years. Gilroy used S&S Motors from 1999-2001. The engine in my bike was a propriety Indian engine. The court ordered them to come up with their own engine in order to secure the use of the Indian Motorcycle name. The engine was built in the United States.Gilroy closed it's doors in 2004.Stelican (Kings Mountain) built the brand from 2009-2011.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@TommyGodzilla
I got ya brudda. Not my ad, just saw it listed
Thanks!!

Someone got it before I looked at it.. Its ok though, I wasnt going to drop $200.00 plus on a tool tube, LOL!!.. Thanks for hooking a brudda up...!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts