Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Read Only
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I attempted an aftermarket resolution to my lower fairing wants that did not work for me. I'm looking for a good, clean used set of stock, Roadmaster style Indian lowers preferably in Thunder Black pearl although Thunder black would work, too, if the price is right. I'm currently using the leather, snap on wind deflectors from Indian. Those work very well but I miss the overall wind management of the hard lowers.

I'm also looking for a set of wind deflectors that were once sold by Indian but are now discontinued. They mount just at the bottom of the stock fairing beside each fork leg to help reduce the wind blast from below the fairing. I've looked at the JES options for this area but would prefer the Indian design if there are any still out there in the marketplace.

Adding a note: I have a 2018 Chieftain Limited in Thunder Black Pearl with graphics.

Thanks a bunch.

·
Read Only
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okey dokey, it appears that the wind deflector issue has been alleviated. Davem has graciously offered a set and I've agreed to purchase.

So now all I need to find are the lowers. Thanks to all that have looked and helped out with info.

·
Registered
91 Posts
There's a bunch of lowers all over eBay, but I think that you'll need to change out your highway bars as well. Hope this helps!

·
Read Only
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggestion and I have looked at eBay and Amazon. I was asking here on the site just in case someone had a spare set or removed their lowers and didn't use them anymore. Really looking for stock first, then will go with aftermarket if no luck here.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion and I have looked at eBay and Amazon. I was asking here on the site just in case someone had a spare set or removed their lowers and didn't use them anymore. Really looking for stock first, then will go with aftermarket if no luck here.
PM Sent

·
Read Only
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to all that have either sold me something (Dave) or worked with me on locating a fine set of black lowers (Tim) in this journey. I've talked with my local dealer parts manager (great guy to work with) and he's offered me a set of new, color matching (Thunder Black Pearl) for a very, deep discount so I'm going that direction. Yes, I will have to replace my crash guards with ones these fit on but he gave me a fairly good discount on that, too.

I'll probably have that set of crash bars on here for sale at some point in the next month...(y)

·
Read Only
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm back on the prowl for a set of wind deflectors. The set I just received were for the Chief/Springfield with driving light set-up. They will not fit my Chieftain. That being said, I'll post those on here for sale if anyone is interested.

Any help for a set of the wind deflectors for a 2018 Chieftain Limited is greatly appreciated.

As for the lowers and crash bars, the parts manager is checking with Indian to make sure neither is back ordered because I want to use them on a couple trips this Summer. I don't want to order them both and only one comes in...that would be a waste of money.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts