Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you’re getting rid of one, I’m buying.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump. Still hunting!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bump. Still hunting!
I hated the OEM seat on my new 2020 Scout Bobber 60 and ordered the suposedly "comfort seat" from Indian, and it was no better than the original seat (one of the worst seats I have ever sat on), and returned it for a refund. I thought the brown seat for the Scout 60 (NOT the bobber) looked like it would be what I wanted, but was told it would not fit the Bobber. I ordered one anyway and found the the only reason it wouldn't fit was because of a part of the plastic base interfered with the battery and other underseat components. My dremel tool made quite a quick fix, and now the seat fits fine and is a vast improvement over the original seat and the "comfort seat", I found one on ebay in excellent condition for only $120. I am completely satisfied with the "seat that wouldn't fit". Just my suggestion for a much more confortable seat.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I hated the OEM seat on my new 2020 Scout Bobber 60 and ordered the suposedly "comfort seat" from Indian, and it was no better than the original seat (one of the worst seats I have ever sat on), and returned it for a refund. I thought the brown seat for the Scout 60 (NOT the bobber) looked like it would be what I wanted, but was told it would not fit the Bobber. I ordered one anyway and found the the only reason it wouldn't fit was because of a part of the plastic base interfered with the battery and other underseat components. My dremel tool made quite a quick fix, and now the seat fits fine and is a vast improvement over the original seat and the "comfort seat", I found one on ebay in excellent condition for only $120. I am completely satisfied with the "seat that wouldn't fit". Just my suggestion for a much more confortable seat.
Nice trick. Consider documenting how you did it with a how-to in a thread for others to find.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This brown Indian seat not only looks much better than the OEM seat (at least in my opinion) but more importantly makes a HUGE improvement in the seating position. As indicated by my handicap placard, I am disabled after four major back surgeries, and the original seat and the misnamed "comfort seat" made the bike very uncomfortable and even painful to ride. Now I can ride for about an hour comfortably, and at that point it's about time to stop for a tank refill and a chance to stretch my legs. Whether you are simply looking for a brown leather seat or need a seat that is much more comfortable, I hope this provides you with an alternative that they said couldn't be done. Thanks, and enjoy your Indian Scout Bobber 60!!!
P.S. I filmed a short video on the changes I've made to my bike (aftermarket bar end mirrors I bought on ebay for $13.40 which work great and seem to be of good quality and the Indian tank pouch where I display my handicap placard) and especially the seat pan, but I am too computer illiterate to attach it to this listing, so instead I will simply use a still photo. Damn, I hate computers when they will not obey my commands! By the way, the cutout I made is 2 3/4" by 1 1/2" and there is no risk of any electrical issues as the seat pan is all plastic.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bump! Still hunting.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice! The OEM extended is even more comfy. Much larger area.
Well it would be nice if I could find one of these jokers! Maybe some of that sweet referral cash will show up. I just can’t bring myself to drop 400 on a scout saddle when the 2020 two up is perfectly functional.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Shouldn’t be that much used. I got mine here for 140.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah I’d drop 140 in a heartbeat for one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts