Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else experienced wrinkling in their seat leather? I rIde 'normally', in that I sit conventionally and I don't have a lumpy or lopsided butt,,,,, but my seat has developed a couple of wrinkles.

HUH?

·
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
image.jpg

Note the small wrinkle up top, and larger wrinkle below,,,,,

·
Registered
192 Posts
1224140727.jpg
I have some of the same wrinkling but not as bad.I also have an indent from my rain gear cord when it got wet that won't go away.

·
Early joiner
190 Posts
Roadmaster is dowing the same thing. I took my bike in for 2500 mile service and they are reporting this back to Indian to see what they will do. Only 3000 miles on the bike. I was thinking it may be my heat on the heated seat causing it, really been using it here in Colorado.Thinking you have disproved that theory.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Our Roadmaster has had some slight wrinkles since we picked it up. Next time at the dealer I am going to mention it, seems to be quite a few with the same issues. Ours hasn't seemed to get much worse. Keep us updated if you hear more about this!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Roadmaster is dowing the same thing. I took my bike in for 2500 mile service and they are reporting this back to Indian to see what they will do. Only 3000 miles on the bike. I was thinking it may be my heat on the heated seat causing it, really been using it here in Colorado.Thinking you have disproved that theory.
My Roadmaster has 900 miles on it, doing the same thing and I haven't had the heated seat on yet. Not going to worry too much about it. Just bought some leather conditioner and hope that it doesn't split.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
It isn't so much the leather, but the padding underneath. IMHO Perhaps the padding has compressed and now it is causing the leather to wrinkle

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Has anyone else experienced wrinkling in their seat leather? I rIde 'normally', in that I sit conventionally and I don't have a lumpy or lopsided butt,,,,, but my seat has developed a couple of wrinkles.

HUH?
Well you answered the question..obviously not caused by your butt.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Indian Motorcycle Dealers and Polaris haven't done a very good job of telling customers what they are buying. Leather is not vinyl thank God. It fades, stretches, and develops its own character over time. Enjoy it and take care of it. They should offer vinyl seats and bags for those that want a "perfect" look.

Reactions: satman101

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Indian Motorcycle Dealers and Polaris haven't done a very good job of telling customers what they are buying. Leather is not vinyl thank God. It fades, stretches, and develops its own character over time. Enjoy it and take care of it. They should offer vinyl seats and bags for those that want a "perfect" look.
If you don't read and don't ask you are not an informed consumer. It is up to the consumer to research and ask questions. I got no surprises when I purchased my bike!

·
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm not necessary bent out of shape about my wrinkled seat - I fully appreciate that leather is a natural product and will "wear" differently in different situations. I'm not even sure that I want anything "done" about it. I am mostly interested in seeing if others find they have the same problem, and most importantly whether there will be further deterioration

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
I'm not necessary bent out of shape about my wrinkled seat - I fully appreciate that leather is a natural product and will "wear" differently in different situations. I'm not even sure that I want anything "done" about it. I am mostly interested in seeing if others find they have the same problem, and most importantly whether there will be further deterioration
Gives it "character"

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
True that leather has character, but my Corbin after 86 thousand miles had no wrinkles. If my seat does wrinkle I will be fine with it as long as it doesn't effect comfort.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts

HUH?
Ho know not another thing to think about I will have no hair left I have started on my chest whats lift after my chest???

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
In the Indian Motorcycle world that wrinkled seat is known as the "Furrowed Brow Syndrome"
It comes from excessive worry about Top End Noise.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts