Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I bought a brand new indian scout. Ten days later this girl ran a stop sign and T-boned me. I got out of the hospital the next day and took my bike straight to Indian. That was 13 weeks ago today. I live in salt Lake city and the Indian dealer ship is in the same building as harley davidson. Indian does not have their own service center so all the repairs are done through harley. I called a few days ago and they said they are still waiting on parts and they said that there is no way to track the parts. He told me that indian does not have a system for letting them know how long or even if the parts have shipped... has anyone else been through this? Am I ever going to get my bike back? At first I didn't care because I was too injured to ride but now I'm healthy enough and losing my mind!

·
Registered
618 Posts
I feel your pain. I had had a crash on my Honda VT750 a few years ago when an old codger pulled out in front of me. Dislocated my shoulder and broke my foot. I was fit and healthy and feeling ready to ride again after about 6 weeks. But my bike was still in the repair shop. From memory it was 9 weeks - admittedly not 13 and counting. But given it was a Honda I thought they should have been able to turn it round a bit faster especially as it was a lowish speed crash.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'm confused - They do have a system to track parts - My dealer uses it all the time :eek:

Is it a new dealership? Thats a long time to fix a bike ....I wish they were more supportive than giving you an excuse...

·
Registered
974 Posts
Seems like the norm for Indian. They seem to keep very few parts on hand. I can understand a week or two for extensive repairs, but anything after that is ridiculous.

·
Registered
582 Posts
A parts tracking system is a required business practice; inventory control is huge. Sounds like someone at the H-D shop doesn't know how to use it.

·
Registered
743 Posts
First off,Indian being in the same building as H-D is STUPID! Maybe they're stalling so you'll buy a Harley

·
Registered
974 Posts
One of our Indian only dealers here is owned by and physically connected to a Harley dealership. They do operate separately but still weird.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I'd get on the phone with Indian customer support and let them know you are taking this to social media unless someone can give you an update on what the hell is going on...and i'd use those exact words with whoever answers the phone. My guess is that your dealership will be getting a call and someone there will get the ass chewing they deserve.

·
Registered
483 Posts
First off I bought a brand new indian scout. Ten days later this girl ran a stop sign and T-boned me. I got out of the hospital the next day and took my bike straight to Indian. That was 13 weeks ago today. I live in salt Lake city and the Indian dealer ship is in the same building as harley davidson. Indian does not have their own service center so all the repairs are done through harley. I called a few days ago and they said they are still waiting on parts and they said that there is no way to track the parts. He told me that indian does not have a system for letting them know how long or even if the parts have shipped... has anyone else been through this? Am I ever going to get my bike back? At first I didn't care because I was too injured to ride but now I'm healthy enough and losing my mind!
I can tell you my dealership def. tracks the status of all the parts I have ordered. They were always able to pull the status of the parts up on their system...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
have them total it and get another bike any good impact on a scout will cause a lot of damage because those bikes are so compact
I really wanted it totalled out but they said they weren't obligated to unless the damage was at least 70% of what the bike is worth. They told me the estimate was $7,000 and I paid around $12,000

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Sounds like they are yanking your chain and have you on the back burner. I would do as Fungus says and get the name of whom ever you talk to.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm confused - They do have a system to track parts - My dealer uses it all the time :eek:

Is it a new dealership? Thats a long time to fix a bike ....I wish they were more supportive than giving you an excuse...
I think they open January of 2015. It's a really strange dealership. It was kinda hard to find a salesman who actually want to take the time to sell me a bike

·
Registered
124 Posts
Indian doesn't have a tracking system for backordered parts only a estimated date. i have been waiting on a part since June and it on a bike down status, the highest priority. I've talked to customer service(what a joke) and they confirmed they cannot track the part until it hit their system. Its a side panel, a piece of molded plastic that cost $376.

·
Senior member / silver
3,453 Posts
Her insurance company told me that they wouldn't total it so I opened a claim with my own insurance company and they told me the same thing
Well her insurance company only cares about then not you. What is your insurance agent doing for you?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Indian doesn't have a tracking system for backordered parts only a estimated date. i have been waiting on a part since June and it on a bike down status, the highest priority. I've talked to customer service(what a joke) and they confirmed they cannot track the part until it hit their system. Its a side panel, a piece of molded plastic that cost $376.
Oh man, that must be the problem some parts must be on back order. That's really weird they don't have a tracking system though

1 - 20 of 31 Posts