Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! My name is Michael and I got into a motorcycle accident back on August 25th, 2016. My Scout was deemed a total loss, and now that I’m back on 2 feet after shattering my right foot. I’d like to rebuild her, but I have no clue where she was taken? Any help would be greaty appreciated! In the location of my beautiful machine. Her VIN is 56KMSB001G3116625. Here’s some photo’s of what she ended up looking like..

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, from what I recall. It was just too costly with all the accessory damage. The frame was good. I just hope I can get her back to be able to do anything. And thanks! Glad to be a part of it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Check with the police and see if you can figure out who they used for the towing company. Chances are the towing company would know or know where it went, salvage yard etc. Depending on how long its been they may still have it. An old bike of mine got totaled by the insurance company I told them I wanted to keep the bike and they just deducted the salvage value from what they paid me. Call the insurance company first as suggested, they should know where it is as they had to asses it to total it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
I don't know if you all realized he said August of 2016! I think it might be a tough challenge to find it now but I wish you luck.

·
Registered
139 Posts
If you have not check your local Indian dealer, one in New Orleans is owned by guys that build custom cars and bikes. You may need to look for a custom car garage, they may be able to get you a local contact.

Good luck with the rebuild... let us know what happens next...

·
Registered
527 Posts
Since it's been so long, you and the ins company should have settled on the value and you should have gotten a check. The bike then was sold to a salvage company, who sold it to the highest bidder, who bought it to part out or rebuild themselves. That would be my guess. If you still have the vin number, you could try a search and try and locate it that way if it's been rebuilt and re titled. Wishing all the luck in your search.

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
As long as the frame is not bent up, it should be rebuildable. A nice start for a Bobber, or if you want something real different, a cafe racer style Scout.
I doubt any bent parts on the frame, but being cast aluminum, I would be very wary of cracked/broken frames parts.....

·
Registered
767 Posts
That bike has already been through the auction a few weeks ago. I remember seeing it, and recognized the exhaust. Wish Icould remember where though.

·
Super Moderator
4,857 Posts
Hello! My name is Michael and I got into a motorcycle accident back on August 25th, 2016. My Scout was deemed a total loss, and now that I’m back on 2 feet after shattering my right foot. I’d like to rebuild her, but I have no clue where she was taken? Any help would be greaty appreciated! In the location of my beautiful machine. Her VIN is 56KMSB001G3116625. Here’s some photo’s of what she ended up looking like..
You need to contact your insurance company, they can tell you where the bike went and who it was sold to. Contact your lienholder, if there was a lien, they may also know who the bike was sold to. Someone was provided a title to the bike, either off those entities should know who was provided the title. Most likely, that bike is already gone if the accident was in 2016, it's already rebuilt or dismantled.

Good Luck.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,059 Posts
Probably cheaper and easer to find one at one of the big motorcycle salvage yards in your local area.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts