Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really amazed and surprised by this fantastic new cleaner at the same time. My slip-ons are even angrier than they were before (loud!) and the extra punch is awesome. I mean I can really tell a difference in thrust, response, and a general freeing of the airflow. I'm sure a lot of you have long-since known this, but I'm quite happy to inform the others.

Highly recommended, I say. (y)

·
Rider
620 Posts
You're feeling the effects of the tuning that Indian does from those "tuning cards" that come with their overpriced "performance" parts. I'm not shitting on your air cleaner but you could have bought a Dynojet from FuelMoto and had them do a complete custom tune for you with your bike stock and you'd have awakened the beast as it is. Adding in an air cleaner and pipes after that doesn't net you much to be excited about any "gains" that may have from from them. They actually add very little performance gains compared to doing cams or big bore kits.

Only way Indian can sell their stuff at a premium price is tuning the bike to be a bit more peppy to make you think that 500 bucks you spent (coulda got a Wimmer for 350, same thing) was worth it. In the future I'd recommend hopping on FuelMoto and buying a dynojet from them and get Indian's boring tunes off the bike. You'll get more fun out of that than adding in anything else.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't see a card or use one. Not even sure how to do that. There is certainly a difference from the get-go in the performance that yes, I could have gotten out of another brand too. Overpriced? More than ever - at sickening proportions. Not to mention you use a lot of the parts from the stock unit with it. I thought that was pretty skimpy; however, I'm used to Indian jacking at this point. You certainly don't pay for them to get a deal. That's for sure. I do love the unit and its physical appearance is drool-worthy alone.

If it didn't show a performance enhancement you can bet I'm the one who'd let everyone know about that too. :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm really amazed and surprised by this fantastic new cleaner at the same time. My slip-ons are even angrier than they were before (loud!) and the extra punch is awesome. I mean I can really tell a difference in thrust, response, and a general freeing of the airflow. I'm sure a lot of you have long-since known this, but I'm quite happy to inform the others.

That’s awesome to hear! Enjoy the upgrade

·
Registered
67 Posts

I did the stage 1 with new slip-ons and the chrome High Flow air cleaner also. Love the sound and the looks!

·
Rider
1,607 Posts
Glad your happy with add on and enjoy. Your bike, your money, you be you. If you start craving, “the I want more power bug” do your self a favor and get a tuner then start looking at the route you want to go next. There are tunes out there that will enhance what you already have if you want to go that route.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts