Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Don't know if this is the right place for this but here goes. Was thinking maybe we could use this site to help some folks who need it.What if we all donated a small amount ( $25) to WWP ? I bet we could raise a thousand or two. I'm in for $25, any computer savvy Indian riders out there who would like to set us up an account with WWP?
I would try to set it up but my computer abilities are quite poor. If this isn't the place for this kind of thing i understand and if moderator wants to nix this i understand.
the painter.
if this is not the place, I hope Nick will direct you/ us where to go... so to speak. I like your idea and the respect I believe you have for those brave men and women that have served, currently serve and will serve. My first thought when I read your post was " How to keep some bag of sh#t from stealing those donations" It's a damn shame to have to jump to that point first off... but it always seems someone/group trying to do something good gets taken by some thief. I am no expert in things like this. But off hand I wonder if contacting our/your local Vets association would be a good start. Maybe they could help

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
I work in the medical disability board for the Army, with AW2 (WWP). Great program & I am all for doing local things or sharing a website, but not a fan of fund raising on this site. Up to admin not my call

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Great idea Painter
Admins may have a way to make it work, or the WWP website may be able to set up a link Indian riders can donate directly to.

·
Registered
672 Posts
That is why i thought if a fellow Indian rider ( or any rider ) had computer skills they could set up an acct for us to donate to.You would have to be pretty low to rip off a veteran.
exactly, but people like that are everywhere. I take a pessimistic attitude towards most anyone, since I've been screwed before by those I thought I could trust.Hate to be that way but, can't stop it. I don't mind helping others, in fact I enjoy it. But I watch where,how and what I do anymore to insure it goes to who and how I meant it to be done. I have delt with my local amvets etc over the years... and know who I am dealing with, and that my donation is in trust worthy hands. All Im saying is watch your back. I'm in for your $25.00 donation ( if it can be a secure thing) I will donate in my name and my company name if we can make this happen. As I have many family that have been, or are in, and my oldest son is looking to go in... I praise your thoughts for those. Thank you for having thought of them.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Don't know if this is the right place for this but here goes. Was thinking maybe we could use this site to help some folks who need it.What if we all donated a small amount ( $25) to WWP ? I bet we could raise a thousand or two. I'm in for $25, any computer savvy Indian riders out there who would like to set us up an account with WWP?
I would try to set it up but my computer abilities are quite poor. If this isn't the place for this kind of thing i understand and if moderator wants to nix this i understand.
the painter.
painter, Looks like you've started a good thing, already.

·
Super Moderator
5,851 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts