Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I recently purchased an Indian Scout 2017 ABS Icon. I also purchased Freedom Liberty 4 inch Slip on exhausts for a great price ($200) or at least I think it was a good price from a vendor in Indiana.
I asked them if a tune was required. The customer service rep was not 100% sure, but indicated that it should be okay without a tune.

Could someone speak to slipons requiring a new tune?

Secondly,
I definitely would like to complement the slip-ons with a better breather. Is there a recommended one that would be ideal for the Freedom Slip-Ons? Would I need a tune then? If so, which one would work well?

I have read a few about having someone else install it and dyno it. I live near Knoxville and not sure of anyone that does that kind of thing with motorcycles.

So, I am looking for a little more rumble, better throttle response and some more grunt.
Thank you.
John C

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hello,
I recently purchased an Indian Scout 2017 ABS Icon. I also purchased Freedom Liberty 4 inch Slip on exhausts for a great price ($200) or at least I think it was a good price from a vendor in Indiana.
I asked them if a tune was required. The customer service rep was not 100% sure, but indicated that it should be okay without a tune.

Could someone speak to slipons requiring a new tune?

Secondly,
I definitely would like to complement the slip-ons with a better breather. Is there a recommended one that would be ideal for the Freedom Slip-Ons? Would I need a tune then? If so, which one would work well?

I have read a few about having someone else install it and dyno it. I live near Knoxville and not sure of anyone that does that kind of thing with motorcycles.

So, I am looking for a little more rumble, better throttle response and some more grunt.
Thank you.
John C
With just slip ons you don't need a tuner. If you change the intake you definitely do. I recommend a EJK tuner & a Thunder Works Screaming Scout intake. Available at indian aftermarket. Both are easy to install & ajust.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts