Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on doing more touring outside of my home state of California this coming year. Initially many of the western states but further east eventually. I was wondering if anyone had recommendations of Indian dealerships worthy of dropping by for a visit but not necessarily for service. Whether that's because the dealership itself is just that fantastic to visit or maybe due to close proximity to a motorcycle museum or something else motorcycle related. I am trying to plan it so the visits coincide with IMRG or other rallies.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
362 Posts
I am planning on doing more touring outside of my home state of California this coming year. Initially many of the western states but further east eventually. I was wondering if anyone had recommendations of Indian dealerships worthy of dropping by for a visit but not necessarily for service. Whether that's because the dealership itself is just that fantastic to visit or maybe due to close proximity to a motorcycle museum or something else motorcycle related. I am trying to plan it so the visits coincide with IMRG or other rallies.

Thanks in advance!
Fort Worth Indian Motorcycles Fort Worth, Texas. Great dealership where you can hang out and get a cup of coffee or a bottle of water. Good folks

·
Premium Member
2,551 Posts
Indian of Las Vegas had cool machines in there last time i visited. Indian of Sturgis, SD is great. I hear Double D in Phoenix is awesome - but i haven't been there.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Indian Motorcycle of SEVA, if you are going to be in the Tidewater Virginia area.

·
Bronze member
1,593 Posts
I know my dealer, Indian of Auburn, just south of Seattle, has a pretty good rep and are good people who my wife and I are both very happy with. Scout, the dog, is always fun to play with too....

·
Bronze member
1,319 Posts
I'd recommend stopping by Indian of Tucson as a fine place to get out of the heat or Music City Indian in Nashville as they have free local beer. If you have questions on the bike that require a good knowledge base, I'd recommend JPM Powersports in Hopkinsville, KY.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Sturgis and Spirit Lake are 2 nice dealers. If you're in Iowa you might as well hit the motorcycle museum in Anamosa and catch Magrath Indian in Cedar Rapids along the way.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
If you make it into the South, Crockett Powersports in Chattanooga, TN is a world class bunch. They WILL go out of their way to accommodate folks on Indians who are on trips, and take care of them.
I know they sent a tow down into Alabama to take care of an Indian on tour that had snapped the clutch cable - not to carry it up to their dealership, since they put a mechanic with the tow truck and a spare cable, and had the mechanic replace it on the road. The tow truck was only if in case something else would show, causing the bike to be towed up to Crockett. I was impressed with that story. And it sells bikes...

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,354 Posts
If you make it into the South, Crockett Powersports in Chattanooga, TN is a world class bunch. They WILL go out of their way to accommodate folks on Indians who are on trips, and take care of them.
I know they sent a tow down into Alabama to take care of an Indian on tour that had snapped the clutch cable - not to carry it up to their dealership, since they put a mechanic with the tow truck and a spare cable, and had the mechanic replace it on the road. The tow truck was only if in case something else would show, causing the bike to be towed up to Crockett. I was impressed with that story. And it sells bikes...
Is Mike still the GM there? If so, that explains why their service rocks.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Oklahoma City Indian is a good stop. Dealer is in an old brick warehouse just off OKC's "Automobike Alley" district, where the old car dealers were in the 40's and 50's, many still have the old neon "Buick", "Chevorlet" etc art deco signs. In a hip area, right next to the train tracks, with a microbrew pub right next door. (its not open for lunch, I think they open around 4 PM) neat area.

·
Banned
575 Posts
Sturgess,South Dakota,Spirit Lake,Iowa,Mandan, North Dakota.Arlen Ness,Dublin,California,Bristol,Virginia and West Bloomfield,Michigan.All were great places to stop and visit.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,094 Posts
If you make it all the way to Arkansas go by Heritage Indian in Rogers Ark. Great bunch of people there.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Sturgis was cool, but by far I think the most thrilling dealership to visit is Charlotte Indian. I know it's a long way for the OP, but if any of you can make the trip, it's worthwhile. Stellican was building Indians just a few miles away in Kings Ridge when they built the dealership with the shape of the valanced fender over the door. Great folks working there who have seen the brand revived, then sold, and start to catch some market share. They know their history, and they know the engineering. I used to schedule work trips up there and make sure I got in about once a month. Pretty great shop that certainly helped develop my love for the brand.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Is Mike still the GM there? If so, that explains why their service rocks.
Yes, Mike is still there. They are having their 2nd anniversary party today, October 7th. Giving away $1000 in merchandise to one lucky person.

·
Registered
307 Posts
If you make it all the way to Arkansas go by Heritage Indian in Rogers Ark. Great bunch of people there.
I agree, they gave me a loaner bike for the day while they changed my rear tire during Bike, Blues and BBQ. And they knew I was going on a 170 mile ride on their bike.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts