Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't be!!!

Having done over 10,000 kms in the last couple of weeks, I can attest that this bike is rock solid. In fact, I would argue it's one of the better touring bikes out there.

Here's "Storm" packed up for an extended camping/motel/B&B holiday. Had to stop at the Walmart to buy some propane and a new cooker because all the isobutane is sold out everywhere. Oh yeah, I also bought a bigger cooler since this pic was taken.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
The owner of our local Indian dealership is doing the 10,000 mile challenge on a challenger. I’ll be interested in seeing how he felt about the bike when he gets back.

Reactions: HiDesert

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hope he posts up as I'd be interested as well. The only "issue" I had was the stock seat. By the time I was needing fuel, my ass would start getting sore. Fueled up and it (both the bike and my ass) was good to go for the next 400kms.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I liked it. As mentioned, after about 3 hrs or so I'd start to feel it but by then it was time for a quick stretch anyway.

·
Registered
2008 Victory Vision 2016 Victory Vision 2020 Indian Challenger
840 Posts
I wouldn't hesitate to take any Indian or Victory on an epic journey, and we have. :cool:

Reactions: RedChieftain

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
I just passed 8000 kms in 3.5 weeks just in my Province
And I agree with twofolks

·
Registered
590 Posts
Did a 3000 mile road trip with 9000 already on the bike. Zero problems. Starts every time. No idiot lights. Keep and eye on tire pressure if you go from 110 degrees down to 50, as pressures should be rechecked on cold mornings so low tire pressure light doesn't come on. Besides, tires last longer when pressures are up.

·
Rider
1,044 Posts
4 epic coast to coast summers on a ‘17 RM. Lord willing an epic coast to coast on a Challenger next summer.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Rider
1,044 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: Smoothbassman

·
Registered
492 Posts
Nice routes! Unfortunately, my planned route into the States this year got cancelled due to the Covid. Next year maybe?
We had trip planned to go back to Tennessee also. Of course that's not going to happen. I was looking forward to those roads on this bike.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts