Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Similar. I’ve painted my garage, and taken all the rust and oil out of the concrete. Etched with phosphoric acid. Starting to look good!

·
Bronze member
2018 Scout Bobber and Scout 60
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Similar. I’ve painted my garage, and taken all the rust and oil out of the concrete. Etched with phosphoric acid. Starting to look good!
Nice! I tried acid etching 4 times and couldn’t get the sealer off the concrete. Had to rent a diamond grinder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rider
706 Posts
Wow that looks awesome🔥. I’ll probably go the cheating route and buy those fake tile or fake wood that snaps together for the garbage.

·
Bronze member
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow that looks awesome. I’ll probably go the cheating route and buy those fake tile or fake wood that snaps together for the garbage.
Thanks. Nothing wrong with that, I’ll get a wild hair up my @$$ and decide I’m going to do something. And I’ll do it until I get it right or my wife gets mad and I have to hire a pro lol.

·
Administrator
14,777 Posts
Wow!! Spectacular! I’m suffering from a bad case of garage envy... always wanted one like that but didn’t know how ’zackly to do it. Thx for posting

·
Registered
783 Posts
Wow!! Spectacular! I’m suffering from a bad case of garage envy... always wanted one like that but didn’t know how ’zackly to do it. Thx for posting
It’s all in preparation. You either clean it and hit it with various chemicals. Or you say effitol and grind the top layer off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, I’m in the process of editing an install video. I’ll post a link once it’s done.

·
Bronze member
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Existing sealer is a pain to deal with. But with a grinder, at least you know it will adhere properly!

Paint job, and chemical rust/oil removal:

View attachment 600856
Nice work. The diamond grinder is definitely the way to go. 2-3 days of prep with acide was done in 4 hours.

·
Bronze member
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It’s all in preparation. You either clean it and hit it with various chemicals. Or you say effitol and grind the top layer off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I pressure washed, then scrubbed did this process 3 times. Acid etched 4 times and still couldn’t get the sealer off. Rented a diamond grinder and it was done in 4 hours. Rinsed the floor 3 times, let it dry blew out and existing dust and started priming.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I pressure washed, then scrubbed did this process 3 times. Acid etched 4 times and still couldn’t get the sealer off. Rented a diamond grinder and it was done in 4 hours. Rinsed the floor 3 times, let it dry blew out and existing dust and started priming.

Yeah, the acid needs to react with concrete. With sealer you have no choice,:since the whole point of sealer was to seal it against that in the first place.

I was fortunate not to have any sealer, so it was just a matter of one strong pass with the acid.

I also do not trust myself with anything that can cause lots of damage...

What’s your cabinetry? I’m looking for good rolling stuff.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts