Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
Nice work, especially getting the paintwork so sharp.

And a design tip for when you make the next one (somebody will want one). Fasten the planks to the frame so the screws are covered by the rusty metal strip. It will clean up the look of it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you selling these, I'd be interested. I really like the dealership one.
Greg
No I dont plan on selling any right now. All the ones I made before were either gifts or for a charity to auction off. I do these to help wind down when I need to. If I were to sell them it would make it a job and I'm trying to get away from that and retire

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
(y)

Great idea. I've done some advertising banners like this in the dinosaur days of the overhead projector. But getting good sharp edges when painting on wood can be tricky. You've got a good steady hand.
The hardest part is getting sharp edges on rough sawn wood. During the first one I did I figured out how to do it. At least it worked for me

·
Rider
1,262 Posts
Looks great!

I have a huge stack of pallets in my backyard for various projects. I've built a raised planter bed. A table. Fencing. and my favorite... a 3 level mechanics cart which was used with a old Norton wood shipping crate as well as used pallets. My next project is using it as a fascia for a custom coffee table/terrarium out of an old Commercial lighting fixture.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts