Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last summer a rider that is a member of the Circle City IMRG (Indian Motorcycle Riders Group) was hit by a car on 465. That group is having a benefit ride and silent auction to help him out financially. The president of the riding club asked if I would be willing to paint a wood sign for them to auction off. It sounded like a great cause so I said I'd be happy to. This is the sign I'm giving them

·
Silver member
5,030 Posts
Nice work and a worthy cause...

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
Nice work again. I hope they do well in their fund raising for the downed rider.

Some years ago a local Ulysses riding group was out on a ride and one rider got hit by a car. He lost his leg and spent a long time in rehab getting back into action and learning to walk with a prosthetic. What he didn't know was that the other members of the group got heavily into fund raising and by the time he was walking again they presented him with a Can Am Spyder so he could continue riding with the group. There's still a lot of good in our world.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Nice work again. I hope they do well in their fund raising for the downed rider.

Some years ago a local Ulysses riding group was out on a ride and one rider got hit by a car. He lost his leg and spent a long time in rehab getting back into action and learning to walk with a prosthetic. What he didn't know was that the other members of the group got heavily into fund raising and by the time he was walking again they presented him with a Can Am Spyder so he could continue riding with the group. There's still a lot of good in our world.
That's the nice thing about riding in a group. If one gets hit, some of the group can stop to render aid, and the rest can follow the driver if they don't notice that they hit a rider, or decide to flee the scene, as happened to someone I know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts