Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Won't start and locked out of the ECU

536 4
2019 Scout Bobber ABS. Riding the other day, engine light came on and stayed on the 5 miles to home. Engine didn't misbehave or act abnormally. Got home. Later turned the key on and nothing. Gauge has almost all the lights on steady. Fuel pump won't prime, etc. Completely locked out. I put my PV3 on the diagnostic port, turned the key on and the PV3 says not connected to the ECU, please turn the key on. No combination of key-on/kill switch on/off makes any difference. Still no joy with the PV3 trying to read the ECU. Any thoughts?
Doc Hubbard
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
2019 Scout Bobber ABS. Riding the other day, engine light came on and stayed on the 5 miles to home. Engine didn't misbehave or act abnormally. Got home. Later turned the key on and nothing. Gauge has almost all the lights on steady. Fuel pump won't prime, etc. Completely locked out. I put my PV3 on the diagnostic port, turned the key on and the PV3 says not connected to the ECU, please turn the key on. No combination of key-on/kill switch on/off makes any difference. Still no joy with the PV3 trying to read the ECU. Any thoughts?
Doc Hubbard
Pull the left cover with the keyhole on it and make sure nothing came loose at the switch.

·
Registered
2019 Scout Bobber ABS, stage 1 with a tune
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, thanks! While I didn't find an obvious wire fault, finger manipulation of the bundle from the switch cured the ignition lockout, ie., it starts and runs. Gonna connect the PV3 tomorrow and see what codes I get, but right now seems like better replace the ignition switch. Reckon?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts