Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Looks better With or Without Scout emblem?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'm contemplating the same thing. Will be following results but think mine will be without by the end of the month.

Reactions: michael_swisher

·
Untilted.
456 Posts
Without, but I'll be painting the logo on the side eventually.

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
Tugger if you take the "Scout" emblem off, it will look like a Scout 60, don't they leave the Scout part off on the 60's?
That is the main thing that shows on the 69's and the 60's...
When my gas tank was recalled in early 2015, the new tank came without either installed and I never put them on the new tank.
Mine is bare on both sides.
2015-07-08 001.JPG

·
Registered
784 Posts
I am going to leave mine on until I find a good decal to replace them with.
A guy is making them on Facebook. Also does painting. He makes them a little longer and wider to fit the tank.will last 7 to 8 years he says. 23.00 with shipping for both sides. About any color you would want. I just ordered a gloss back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
10,006 Posts
A guy is making them on Facebook. Also does painting. He makes them a little longer and wider to fit the tank.will last 7 to 8 years he says. 23.00 with shipping for both sides. About any color you would want. I just ordered a gloss back.

Got a name or web page?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I like the look without, but as Ronnie pointed out, that's a visual 69 vs 60 difference. So, if I wasn't going for something completely different, I'd leave it on there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tugger if you take the "Scout" emblem off, it will look like a Scout 60, don't they leave the Scout part off on the 60's?
That is the main thing that shows on the 69's and the 60's...
When my gas tank was recalled in early 2015, the new tank came without either installed and I never put them on the new tank.
Mine is bare on both sides.
View attachment 229905
You are correct, I didn't realize that until I asked the dealer the next day. I think I'm going to put them back on.

·
10,006 Posts
Well I can't figure out link but here is his name and post from Indian scout owners on Facebook

Thanks I was worried how I was going to go through the 1861 members of the group and ask each if they did decals. :rolleyes::)

·
Registered
784 Posts
Thanks I was worried how I was going to go through the 1861 members of the group and ask each if they did decals. :rolleyes::)
If you can't find him I could ask if I could give you his email. Already sent me a tracking number so easy guy to deal with

·
Registered
401 Posts
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Do what best suites our eye, simple really.

To my eye it looks cleaner with out the scout, but it's a personal think as I prefer things plain and simple.

Paul

·
Registered
594 Posts
I was also thinking about taking mine off until the 60 came out. Then decided to keep it on. It looks good either way to me.

·
10,006 Posts
If you can't find him I could ask if I could give you his email. Already sent me a tracking number so easy guy to deal with

I scrolled through the members of the Scout facebook until I found his name and then friended him.

·
Bronze member
2,176 Posts
Less is more.

But I'd like the contact info for the warbonnet. I'm Interested. I don't have a FB

1 - 20 of 61 Posts