Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Rider
952 Posts
Here in ohio the weather is a little crappy right now. I usually ride the bike to work so since I'm working from home I'm way down on miles right now. I've gotten out several times. Even went for a ride with my son who I hadn't seen for 4 weeks due to the lock down. He bought us both communication units for Christmas so it was especially nice to get to see him at a safe distance and ride together and get to talk and just be out in the air together!! Really needed that!!

·
Rider
1,072 Posts
Snowed this weekend, 5" of wet heavy snow, hoping to finally get the Chieftain out of warm storage this week end, the days are still hovering in upper 30 to mid 40 with cold winds, snow is slow to melt, but a warm up is coming pushing temps into mid 50 this week end...love Montana!

·
Bronze member
2,011 Posts
Whether it's covid, weather, or life. I'm going through revdrawals. How's everyone else coping?
Terrible.
I still ride the motorcycle when the weather is good, just nothing going on at the destinations. Sightseeing would be something to do if not for having already seen almost every place within one or two hundred miles. And I’m not likely to travel long distances to get somewhere with everything closed.

Normally I would go to a movie almost every week. Same for ballgames, which would’ve included a new stadium nearby they just finished building, mostly tournaments and even school games (soccer, softball, baseball).

And then there’s the missing outdoor events like car shows and festivals. Only hope now is by Memorial Day those will start up again.
In recent years I’ve been going to a lot of theatrical plays, restaurants.
Also the outdoor music concerts.

So I was looking forward to all of that during one of the rainiest winters of all time here. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas and they canceled it!

Reactions: VintageJason

·
Bronze member
2,011 Posts
Heh! Brings back memories. Serenity now!

·
Rider
1,182 Posts
Im in New Jersey and had heard and also seen and took part for a much needed ride.
Although my rides are limited.
I have seen groups of 6 or more and also seen them at Sheetz all huddled drinking coffee. Riding your self poses no harm.
I dont believe any of you that are affraid to go out and get stopped to say they will not stop you for just riding.
They are limiting their exposure to you too also so they arent and were also given orders to avoid stopping someone for rolling stops and not to bother anyone who is 5 miles over etc. Only stopping drivers for major infractions.
They will not even give you a 2nd look. Maybe to check out your Indian you are riding but thats about it.
Go out for that ride when you can and you will feel the wonderful air and be thinking why was I so affraid to go out myself for a ride.

·
Rider
1,148 Posts
No riding yet for me. Still getting snow and salt on the roads. Suppose to get to 32F today, hopefully start to melt in the next week. Can't wait (guess I gotta) On a good note, wife and I have not had a fight yet... LOL

--
Gordon

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,253 Posts
It's what used to be tax day and we're supposed to get a rain & snow mix today. Friday is forecast to have wet snow covering the grass in the morning. The weekend is supposed to be warmer with next week looking pretty nice temperature-wise.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,086 Posts
I used to only get to ride on the weekends. Had an hour and a half commute each way to work, so time was limited.

Recently moved 15 minutes from work. Cut 2 and a half hours out of the commute. My wife recognizes the mental health aspect of riding for me, so now I get an hour or two ride in 5 days out of the week, weather permitting.

Living now in an area with rural windy roads everywhere around. Between that and the lockdown, riding has been fantastic.

Make the time to ride if you can. After all, it's for your health!

·
Banned
4,925 Posts
Lots of cold/rainy dayz here, little snow over night when I woke up today. But I have gotten out on the road a few times in the past month or two. Virus doesn't stop me from riding, just the shit weather does.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I'm a 35yo father of four, ages 9 down to 18 months. I already miss out on a lot of nice riding days if they aren't planned ahead. So, I know the feeling but this really hasn't changed a lot for me. I get it in when I can. I road to work the last two days even with highs only hitting 52 and the morning commute between 37 and 41.

Here in PA, we're also getting the typical April weather; unpredictable and long stretches of wet. I'll just stay patient as best I can, get the riding in when I can, and when a nice day rolls around I'll hope I don't work and can find an excuse to get on and make a day trip.

I'll concede that a destination usually helps with the latter. Usually heading for wings and a beer with my pops is a good excuse on a nice weekend or a date night with the wife, but with everything closed it's just random touring.

Reactions: VintageJason
1 - 20 of 21 Posts