Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The chap who wired this bike, said he had never done an Indian. He said he could wire it like a Harley, I said OK. That was my mistake, it's all messed up and now I have to do it again. The wiring diagram in the manual looks complicated to me.

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
The chap who wired this bike, said he had never done an Indian. He said he could wire it like a Harley, I said OK. That was my mistake, it's all messed up and now I have to do it again. The wiring diagram in the manual looks complicated to me.
o_O did he say?

·
Bronze member
1,287 Posts
I think I have an old wiring diagram in a book. Ill get a picture and post it up.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Even if the Indian factory DWG doesn’t have a fuse add 1 in the ground leg because the battery POS post iy close to the frame/fender
If you put the fuse on the POS post the fuse will the battery to to cook the ground wire

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I have an old wiring diagram in a book. Ill get a picture and post it up.
Ron, thanks for the effort, but a poster (tvrolet) recently posted the best wiring diagram I have seen. It looks simple enough for even me to do it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Even if the Indian factory DWG doesn’t have a fuse add 1 in the ground leg because the battery POS post iy close to the frame/fender
If you put the fuse on the POS post the fuse will the battery to to cook the ground wire
Thanks BMW, I have electric start, so my battery is sitting just above the kickstand. The Harley guy did install a breaker on the POS side, I will probably go to a fuse. I can put it on the NEG side.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got it wired and everything works, the alternator is not charging, I ordered a new 40 Amp alternator, 1 wire connection. I will install that later this week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts