Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found the wiring schematic for the scout yet?
I have a wiring question and need to see a schematic of the scout wiring!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
Looking for one as well. I was planning to install new headlight and blinkers tonight, although nothing quite fits and it will take my pillion some time to machine brackets for me. But in the meantime, took it all apart. All the wiring, the loom itself, for the front is stuffed into the headlight shell, a pain in the ass if you ask me.

·
Registered
209 Posts
In the back of the Service Manual Ronnie and Meggie!

·
10,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In the back of the Service Manual Ronnie and Meggie!
How about scanning and posting it as a PDF, I don't have a service manual yet! Please!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'll most certainly give it a try, although I might be better to take it to work with me and try our bigger printer/scanner!

Happy to try and help - goodness knows I've got nothing else to do - I don't have my Scout yet, although it was ordered on August 4th - did I mention that before??? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ronnie/Meggie - It's too big to get it all on the scanner plate at home - I'll pop into work tomorrow and use our A3 scanner. It will be extremely difficult to read - the print is very, very small. :confused:

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Ronnie/Meggie - It's too big to get it all on the scanner plate at home - I'll pop into work tomorrow and use our A3 scanner. It will be extremely difficult to read - the print is very, very small. :confused:
Just took a look at it and even with my reading glasses some of it was very difficult to read .. Magnifying glass needed for sure for Specifics ..

·
10,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just took a look at it and even with my reading glasses some of it was very difficult to read .. Magnifying glass needed for sure for Specifics ..
If Jimbo has the capabilities of sending it as a PDF file it will be easy to expand to double it's size for easier reading! :)
We will just have to wait and see I guess!

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Think it's great for you to do that Jimbo .. My Computer Skills are severely lacking but can definitely see what's going on when have the PDF at 200 % ..

·
Registered
209 Posts
Jay,

You're eyes must be better than mine - I reckon that it's still unreadable!!! :rolleyes:

Apologies for the poor quality of the main diagram - maybe some kind dealer might be able to post the electronic version - even if it's just that page!! Hint, hint! ;);)

Reactions: JayFL459

·
10,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wonderful.... thanks for the PDFs, now all I have to do is a bunch of homework locating area's in the wiring loom I need for a Polaris part to be integrated into the electrical system.

More info as this develops, I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but "maybe" I can integrate a European feature on our bikes if possible to use with our wiring harnesses. Plug and Play so to speak!

I'm counting on there only being a single wiring harness for all manufactured bikes, just different features plugged in and available for European versions.
I will be picking up the parts Wednesday or Thursday, I had the main part available already, but lacked the 'special' bolts to install which are due this week.
More coming, Stay Tuned! :confused::D

·
Registered
656 Posts
These are great to have on hand thanks!! Ronnie - keep us posted to what you are doing.. inquiring minds... :D

·
Registered
326 Posts
Wonderful.... thanks for the PDFs, now all I have to do is a bunch of homework locating area's in the wiring loom I need for a Polaris part to be integrated into the electrical system.

More info as this develops, I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but "maybe" I can integrate a European feature on our bikes if possible to use with our wiring harnesses. Plug and Play so to speak!

I'm counting on there only being a single wiring harness for all manufactured bikes, just different features plugged in and available for European versions.
I will be picking up the parts Wednesday or Thursday, I had the main part available already, but lacked the 'special' bolts to install which are due this week.
More coming, Stay Tuned! :confused::D
I'm guessing a side stand safety switch. As far as bolts, Ace hardware has an excellent selection of metric stainless hardware.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I bet there is only one harness, so all you have to do is find the unused connector. Hopefully you don't have to disassemble much to find it. Thanks again!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts