Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter HERE for September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!

I would like to hook up accessories that turn off and on with the bike ... obvious reasons .. lol Where do I tap into to get tie in a relay? (22 Scout Bobber) Any advice welcome!

·
Rider
1,290 Posts
I’ve wired heated gear in on the last 6 motorcycles Ive owned. Other than my challenger, it’s already there in the dash. Fused, directly off the battery. Some even use their battery tender pigtail. Know nothing about the Scout whether you have an accessory plug somewhere or not. I’d get a shop manual with the wiring schematic before I’d do anything. In as far as the Challenger goes there was no switched accessory circuit available so I 1/2 tapped into the heated seat hot leg, fused of course and run my Sirius radio and Zumo GPS. Neither of which pull more than an Amp or 2. As far as lighting goes not sure what you want. Assuming the Scout has LED lighting controlled by a canbus system of some sort you just can’t add lights without some sort of isolator, there are plenty on the market. I have trailer lighting and a light bar for a cooler rack. Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Nice set up Rusty! Looks great. I wish I could have commented, but I have a RM and have no idea about the scouts. You'd think Indian would have an accessory plug somewhere on a Scout too like the RMs in the fairing and under the seat. Check the owners manual, or call the dealer? Or post in the Scout forum maybe for a more informative post from others who have the same and have added extras. I spend most of my time in the RM forum, since it's what I got. Hope you can get it figured out!

·
Registered
2020 Challenger...Sandstone Smoke
1,288 Posts
I've used one of these in the past...6 circuits, all you need is pos and neg to the battery and a trigger wire to turn it on and off...I used the tail light wire on my last bike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts