Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Silver member
5,904 Posts
Lack of pride in workmanship or product. Hard to believe I/P, or any MC manufacturer, would send a bike out the door with a cluster fk like that. Would make me curious as to what overall quality is like in places that aren't easily visible.

·
Registered
693 Posts
After trying on the Indian in the Sturgis dealership's showroom, we sauntered over to their used bike barn across the parking lot, and found this very nice, 2019 Harley 107 Fat Boy. We're generally not Harley fans, but we both like this model's sorta subtle styling departure from what we're used to from those Milwaukee guys. It doesn't project quite as much 'Grampa's Toy' image as most of their other models in this category do.

It has some useful factory accessories, and believe it or not, the exhaust is still stock, which is something we like.

Oh, I almost forgot, it has very tidy wiring.

It's possible that Sturgis Indian may soon lose a Fat Boy from their used inventory, and gain a 2020 Triumph Speedmaster.
View attachment 716388

View attachment 716389
Yes, but how does the HD ride?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Founding member / distinguished
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yes, but how does the HD ride?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It should ride something like her 2013 Softail Deluxe did, which she liked very much. She was more concerned about the Indian's ride than the Harley's.

The Fat Boy is a 2019 with about 9000 miles on it, new tires front and rear. It has some nice factory accessories on it, and all she would need to buy for it is a windshield suited to her height. The HD has the quick release attachments on the forks, but no windshield.

It has crash bars that she would remove and sell on eBay, but would keep everything else the previous owner has added to the bike.

It doesn't hurt that, as a used bike, it's about $5000 less than the new Indian she was sitting on in my photo.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Limited, Ruby Red Metallic
514 Posts
someday soon, brand loyalty will be gone because of managements attitude of, "they'll buy it because it's a #####".

The lack of ideas and design at Harley is what allowed me to wander onto the Indian reservation. There are things about the Indian I love, but I'm not a complete dolt......I know when someone is trying to put lipstick on a pig, and I'm too old to say, "well, I've ridden them for years, and that's the way it is"....BS. I ride because I LOVE to ride. As I get older, I want speed, comfort, reliability. If I can't get it at Indian or Harley, I'll move on down the road. I'm kinda waiting' for those BSA Rockets to come across the pond 😬

·
Registered
201 Posts
Trixie was sit-testing a new Indian Chief(?) today at a local
dealership, and I took a photo of the wiring mess on the left side of the frame neck.
View attachment 716346

I haven't seen something this bad since....well, I don't recall seeing something like this, especially on a $23,000 motorcycle.

Am I being too 'picky' about this?...
View attachment 716345
Exactly what the Tech and I said, and why I still have my 2018 Chieftain Dark horse. What a Fk'n joke Polaris.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Trixie was sit-testing a new Indian Chief(?) today at a local
dealership, and I took a photo of the wiring mess on the left side of the frame neck.
View attachment 716346

I haven't seen something this bad since....well, I don't recall seeing something like this, especially on a $23,000 motorcycle.

Am I being too 'picky' about this?...
View attachment 716345
You should me more concerned with the omission of the full skirted fenders and war bonnet light...

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
That wiring is a mess, terrible looking. Looks like what I've seen on that other American brand bike.
What model Harley Davidson is that? I always thought HD did a pretty decent job tucking the wiring. Of course my last new Harley Davidson was a 2006 model. They must have really lowered their assembly standards since I last bought one.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts