Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Founding Member
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to install the bracket for driver's backrest. The directions say to route the harness through the opening in the bracket. For the life of me I don't see how there's room for both the harness and the bracket. Help!

·
Registered
132 Posts
The directions for rm are wrong. Dont over think it just put it on ; and yes it does look weird but only goes on one way. At least mine was weird.o_O

·
Founding Member
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had to route harness in front of bracket-only way. Wrapped heater hose around harness where it contacts bracket, otherwise it would only be a matter of time before bracket cut into harness. Very close quarters.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I adjusted mine a little with a grinder to allow the harnes to go under bracket and modified the head of the bolt that is under the harness to allow the use of a screwdriver.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Maybe a little late but I just finished installing the bracket on my 2016 Roadmaster. The instructions about routing the harness leaves a little to the imagination. I was concerned about too much stress and sharp edges. When I finished the harness routing from the right side around the back right corner of the bracket and the bracket straddled the harness. Snug fit but no strain on the harness. To eliminate the possibility of the harness being damaged from the edge of the bracket I cut a 2" piece of heater hose, sliced it and mounted it to the bracket where the harness would rub.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts