Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went on a ride this evening and the 7:00 PM temp was 82 degrees. It was really nice except for the spring like bugs. For those of you up north - stay warm.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm with you PikeSC...... ride EVERY day down here in Florida barring the occasional tropical storm or noreaster when it is seriously too wet to ride (and I mean really too wet when it gets past my all weather riding suit.... then I call it quits).

81 degrees today and a great breeze. ride home at 9PM was 65 and just gorgeous!!!!

Best batter tender I own? I ride it daily... yup that does seem to do it.

·
Bronze member
1,842 Posts
NW Arkansas does not have the weather that FL or So Cal has, but it doesn't have the weather the north has either. Dress appropriately and you can ride almost all year. Except in ice storms. I won't ride in ice storms. The only reason I have a battery tender is because I can't ride both bikes and would prefer to ride the Indian. The engine heat is a welcome addition now.

·
Bronze member
2,176 Posts
Too bad Florida is full and cannot accept transplants. Bummer for you nawtherners

·
Registered
232 Posts
i may be new to the forum but i think i now found someone to hate. stabil, battery tender & cover go
on my new scout next weekend. i probably won't even have 25 miles on it then.

·
Founding member
1,517 Posts
yall be sure to put some anti freeze in your tires. I'm sure most of you put water in you rear tire like I do to give it more traction.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Our bikes are tucked away right now , , roads in the U.K are covered in ice & salt with -3 degree temps at the moment. 4 months and counting for spring to rear its sunny head so play can resume.. for all you guys out there with the weather , enjoy every moment but play safe :)

·
Rider
1,072 Posts
For the record, I rode every month when I lived up North:p....now down here I think it's hilarious when we ride in upper 40's low 50's and all the tried and true folkso_O won't leave their house without heated gear, grips, face masks, etc. LOL.....Ride Safe- JJ

·
Registered
859 Posts
I live in mid-France, but try to ride at least every 2 weeks in France. We have many cracking days in Winter, and I just can't resist the temptation of going out. Today, for example we are taking a picnic to a lake about an hour from us, but will return by about 4 to ensure we avoid the temperature drop. Last year we managed to do the same on Christmas Day, and hope to do the same this year. My bike is for riding, not preserving!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Winterizing is when you get a long waterproof coat out in case it looks like it might rain. Drizabone oilskins are a good choice here in Oz but I am not sure if they are available in the US.

·
Founding member
1,110 Posts
Big treat for wife and I is spending winters in Florida, We can ride every day.

Some say there are no good rides in Florida. I say they don't know where to look!

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
NW Arkansas does not have the weather that FL or So Cal has, but it doesn't have the weather the north has either. Dress appropriately and you can ride almost all year. Except in ice storms. I won't ride in ice storms. The only reason I have a battery tender is because I can't ride both bikes and would prefer to ride the Indian. The engine heat is a welcome addition now.
Glad to see this. We will be moving to NW Ar in about two years.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Too bad Florida is full and cannot accept transplants. Bummer for you nawtherners
My work takes me to Kennedy SC at times,stay in Cocoa Beach,fun place to visit, but no offense I could never live in Florida,way too many people and the traffic sucks, My last fall ride here in Idaho I rode the 1.5 miles to the main highway(ID-93) I had to wait for three cars to pass before I could pull onto the road,I was so pissed off it almost ruined my ride. Good thing we all don't congregate in the same locale, Have a great winter sir!

·
Bronze member
2,176 Posts
Traffic is bad in the bigger cities. If they'd let us deport nawtherners, it would be a lot less.

When I'm king...

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
I ate at a seafood joint in Panama City once. It served up the tastiest key lime pie. I liked that about Florida.

·
Bronze member
2,176 Posts
Panama city is technically Alabama

1 - 20 of 35 Posts