Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Founding member
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
02020825b-thumb-800xauto-486.jpg
Just put the Indian in heated storage for the winter. For the people in a mild climate. Photos of the Milwaukee groundhogs day blizzard of 2011 almost 28" of snow in 2 days.
waterford-february-2.jpg

·
Gold Supporting Member
3,248 Posts
I feel your pain! I moved from Minneapolis to sunny SoCal a few years ago....no more winter for me, and 365 days of riding!

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Man, that is some serious snow. Hope the winter goes by fast for ya and you can get back on that Indian. Stay warm.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Just got my Roadmaster at the end of oct.
put it in storage a week later
Normal buffalo winters
Fast Eddie i definitely know how you feel! Im in Ontario Canada and my Chieftain is away for the winter season!
I hope your winter is short and you dreams are of sunny days ahead!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,049 Posts
Poor Yankees... sorry, couldn't help myself... we're just coming into some of our best riding weather here, riding across the Staked Plains or Chihuahuan Desert in summer is a lot like riding through an oven.
--- Randall in sunny West Texas

·
Founding member
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
A buddy of mine lives in Buffalo NY we don't get as much snow. But we are the second coldest big city in USA behind Minneapolis Mn. Been here my whole life. I like the change of seasons or don't know any better. It helps that i'm Norwegian. Northern Wi. got up to a foot of snow yesterday.

·
Founding member
1,763 Posts
Home is the white mountains of New Hampshire, where I would not still be riding. Its amazing how long riding season is here in North Carolina. You could ride all year if you really wanted to. Around January and February is probably too cold for me, but that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hey Geronimo.Took first ride on my Roadmaster Sunday.It was basically 40 degrees all day.Was up in North Conway over to Bretton Woods .There was snow on the ground at Crawford Notch.Bretton Woods was actually open I think.Headed over to Bethlehem and then to Sugar Hill and over to Rumney,Plymouth,Weirs and back to Alton Bay.I was dressed for it so it wasn't bad.The heated grips and seat worked good.Hopefully will get 500 on by Friday to get first check up and then that's it.The snowmobile season should start early this year.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Home is the white mountains of New Hampshire, where I would not still be riding. Its amazing how long riding season is here in North Carolina. You could ride all year if you really wanted to. Around January and February is probably too cold for me, but that's just my opinion.
Also originally from NH myself and now in NC. Visiting my kids in NH now and there were lots of bikes out today trying to squeeze in some riding before the season is over (hit the mid 50's in Rochester).

·
Registered
321 Posts
I'am over in Alton Bay.Mother-in-law is in Rochester.Was in Ma. Yesterday for Veteran activities.Got a short ride in before dark.Some great country in N.C. Too.I will be down that way in the spring.Will probably stay on the Tenn. side of the mountains but will hopefully be doing the whole Blue Ridge Parkway.Have done parts.Did Dragon Tail last year.I could move to Asheville very easily.

·
Registered
232 Posts
A buddy of mine lives in Buffalo NY we don't get as much snow. But we are the second coldest big city in USA behind Minneapolis Mn. Been here my whole life. I like the change of seasons or don't know any better. It helps that i'm Norwegian. Northern Wi. got up to a foot of snow yesterday.
I mean no offense, but maybe you really don't know any better :) I grew up in CT, and as a kid loved winter and the change of seasons. I still get nastalgic for Autumn, but can absolutely live without Winter.
Mid 70s today in AZ! I'm happy!

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'am over in Alton Bay.Mother-in-law is in Rochester.Was in Ma. Yesterday for Veteran activities.Got a short ride in before dark.Some great country in N.C. Too.I will be down that way in the spring.Will probably stay on the Tenn. side of the mountains but will hopefully be doing the whole Blue Ridge Parkway.Have done parts.Did Dragon Tail last year.I could move to Asheville very easily.
I live just south of Asheville (20 min). Give me a shout when you plan on being down. The East Tenn, West NC, WV, southwest Virginia, Northeastern GA are my stomping grounds now. Some of the best roads in the world!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts