Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
F4 Customs Inc. manufactures a windshield for the Chieftain, Roadmaster and Vintage.
All shields are highly scratch resistant, (even when rubbed with steel wool) shed rain, and are optically perfect with not distortion. The F4 can be cleaned with any glass cleaner and paper towels.
Check our web site out at www.f4customs.com or give us a call at 330-968-4644

Attachments

·
Bronze member
1,348 Posts
F4 Customs Inc. manufactures a windshield for the Chieftain, Roadmaster and Vintage.
All shields are highly scratch resistant, (even when rubbed with steel wool) shed rain, and are optically perfect with not distortion. The F4 can be cleaned with any glass cleaner and paper towels.
Just what I'm looking for. It doesn't have the "side wings" on it. I'm positive they work great but I just don't like the. look. You'll be hearing from me around the 1st of Feb.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I just wish the lower portion of the windshield was made like the stock one that covers/hides the mounting bracket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
279 Posts
We have F4Customs windshields on our 97 Valkyrie and 02 Boss Hoss. Very good quality and no need to worry about using gas station paper towels. When our Roadmaster needs the original windshield replaced, it will be an F4 for sure!

Reactions: F4Customs

·
Registered
610 Posts
I’ve put F4 Custom windshields on my four previous motorcycles, since I saw a demo at a bike rally of a windshield wiper and steel wool wiping over it all day long without any scratches. I like the fact that you can use gas station paper towels and the glass cleaner of your choice, windex, rain x, etc. On the first one I purchased for my ‘05 Road King, I had the intention of cutting it down to about nose level so I could look over it. I noticed that it actually seemed sharper looking thru it as opposed to looking over it. They have excellent clarity. Again, what sold me was being able to use paper towels at a gas pump to clean the windshield. Excellent product.

Reactions: F4Customs

·
Bronze member
2,126 Posts
I’m impressed with what you can do with them but I just can’t get past the look. I had to go with a Freedom.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
How do you measure your windshield heights? Some companies measure from the center screw to the top, some measure from the bottom of the windshield to the top.

For comparison to what I’ve already tried what is the measurement from the center screw to the top on the 16” and 18” windshields?

Thank you so much for your time.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How do you measure your windshield heights? Some companies measure from the center screw to the top, some measure from the bottom of the windshield to the top.

For comparison to what I’ve already tried what is the measurement from the center screw to the top on the 16” and 18” windshields?

Thank you so much for your time.

You measure from the top to the bottom on the F4 Customs windshields.
F4 Customs | Windshield for Chieftain / Roadmaster

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I’ve put F4 Custom windshields on my four previous motorcycles, since I saw a demo at a bike rally of a windshield wiper and steel wool wiping over it all day long without any scratches. I like the fact that you can use gas station paper towels and the glass cleaner of your choice, windex, rain x, etc. On the first one I purchased for my ‘05 Road King, I had the intention of cutting it down to about nose level so I could look over it. I noticed that it actually seemed sharper looking thru it as opposed to looking over it. They have excellent clarity. Again, what sold me was being able to use paper towels at a gas pump to clean the windshield. Excellent product.
Thanks for the comments. Here is a video for those that do not know how tough our shields are and a link to our page for the Roadmaster and chieftain

1 - 12 of 12 Posts