Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for anyone with experience with the factory fairing for the Indian Scout. My short question is does anyone have a good comparison between the airflow of different heights of windshield and the different heights of windscreen on the factory fairing?

Here is more detail on my question for those of you that like to read. I currently have the factory windshield that measures 21" tall from the headlight cutout. The wind hits at about my eye level and is causing buffeting at higher speeds. I am considering two options to resolve this. A curved windshield from Freedom Shield. Probably the 22" which adds an inch of height plus a curve. I am hopeful this would push the wind above my helmet and smooth out the buffeting.

The second option is the factory fairing with a tall curved windshield. Freedom Shield also sells curved windshields for the fairing in 10, 12, and 14" length. So does anyone have an estimate of how those different heights on the fairing compare to different heights of windshield? Would the 10" shield on the fairing send air to the same spot as my current factory windshield? Would I have to go to the 14" shield to get the wind above my head? I'm not sure I like the look of that tall of a shield.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts