Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
NO it's not, I think it said that specificly on decal on windshield, before I took it off. I use a product called Perfect Plastic to clean it. Last thing you want to do is scratch a 200+ windshield. this stuff will not, I guess it's made by No Touch. I know what you mean I liked how rain x products work and would love to have that on bike.

·
Rider
1,100 Posts
I'm a big believer in Plexus and have been using it for years on my helmet face shields, BMW windshields and now my Chieftains stock and 14" smoke windshields from Cee Baileys. They sell it and they recommend it for the airplane canopies they manufacture and sell as well as their motorcycle windshields.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i use Plexo plastic window cleaner and you can find it on e-bay or google it up and it cost about $12.00 total for a 20 oz. spray can, good stuff. it is easy to use and will not scratch your windshield and has no ammonia or harmful chemicals.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The best I have found is "Speed Shine" by Griot's garage. It not only cleans without scratching, it also puts a slight wax on the surface. I use it for the entire bike, not just windscreen. It is a really great product.

·
Registered
35 Posts
motorcycle windshields are made of either acrylic or plexiglass. if you have the acrylic windshield you can use different cleaning products than with the plexiglass ones. if you get a scratch on a acrylic windshield you can usually get them out with special products out there but if you scratch a lexan (plexiglass) windshield you are pretty much up a creek without a paddle. acrylic windshields are usually clearer but are not as durable as lexan and if you hit something while riding (birds) the acrylic ones will usually shatter but not the lexan. you can hit the lexan windshields with a hammer and they will not break but you can scratch them easier, a trade off. make sure you know what kind you are buying before you shell out you hard earned money.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm a big believer in Plexus and have been using it for years on my helmet face shields, BMW windshields and now my Chieftains stock and 14" smoke windshields from Cee Baileys. They sell it and they recommend it for the airplane canopies they manufacture and sell as well as their motorcycle windshields.
Also a big Plexus fan. I have been using it over twelve years now. Griot's has some good stuff too as does Blue magic (best chrome polish IMO).

·
Registered
32 Posts
I used the plexus on my windshield this morning. This stuff really works. I removed the warning sticker off the windshield, which left a heavy glue residue behind. The plexus not only removed the glue residue, but also left the windshield super cleaned. Great product.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have used Meguires plastic polish. Windshield looks like new when I clean it. Been using it for years and it is reasonably priced.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Been using Lemon Pledge for 30 years for the windshield and the whole bike. Works great and take a can with me on trips. I have tried cheaper furniture polish but they don't work as well as Pledge. Takes the bugs off and leave windshield clear of haze and scratches.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
I also us Bugslide, I carry the the small spray bottle and micro wiping cloth in my hard bags for when I am on a road trip and want to clean up and shine the bike quickly, it really makes the bike shine and cleans the windshield and leaves no streaks.

I have a larger bottle for my garage when cleaning and shinning up the bike before heading out.

Plexus is great on the windshield, too, but not to be used on the rest of the bike whereas Bugslide works on the whole bike.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I've used Wizard's Bug Release for years and it's great for cleaning off dirt and bugs and crud. You can pick it up at most bike shops along with their other fine motorcycle care products :)
I also bring their convenient saddlebag sized bottle of Mist & Shine along to keep the bike looking purty for all who come to drool:D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts