Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the best way to get the sticker off the windshield. Does goo gone work for the residue or willit damage the windshield.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I used Goo Gone without any issues. I carefully peeled it with a finger nail, I wouldn't dare use anything harder than that. Good luck, those stickers are a major pain in the butt.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Heat it with a hair dryer first. Comes off easily.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I agree with the heating I used my heat gun at lowest setting on my gas tank to peel it of, then just a little goo gone. After that i had to put several coats of wax on the spot. Didn't have any issue with the shield

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
I used my wife's hair dryer (carefully), and then used WD-40 on the windshield and tank stickers for the left over glue. Worked like a charm.

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
I can just hear that conversation. Her saying " you want to use my hair dryer for what!"
Well....I didn't tell her! :confused:

Actually, I was going to use my hair dryer type heater I use in my shop, but I was concerned that it is so much hotter than a hairdryer (just need to be cautious), and my wife suggested that I use her hair dryer.:cool:

·
Registered
364 Posts
hair dryer and WD 40 is the ticket. works great on the tank sticker too!

·
Registered
217 Posts
+1 on the wife's hair dryer and WD-40. Worked great on windshield and gas tank stickers as noted. Put on a good coat of wax to complete the fix.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Anyone know the best way to get the sticker off the windshield. Does goo gone work for the residue or willit damage the windshield.[/
I used a hair dryer to warm it up a bit in order to make it more pliable. Then carefully get a corner started and peel it off gently and evenly. DO NOT RUSH!!! I did the same way to the one on the gas tank. If you have any residue, I used spray silicone on a soft cloth to wipe it off. Use a good polish on the windshield after everything is finished. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I used a cold water pressure washer on mine , after a few minutes they peel right off. No damage to windshield or any of the paint.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts