Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

So being 6'4'' I am not super tall on my bike but I do get some buffering. I upgraded the Windshield to the 16" version from the dealer. Mind you, I bought the tinted windshield expecting some tint, I was disappointed. At low speeds I keep the windshield all the way down and don't have to many issues, the buffering is tolerable. During highway use, I am all the way up with the windshield and still have minor buffering, minor enough that is doesn't bother me but......there is always a but, I hate the way it looks. 16" inches of windshield makes me feel like I am riding my old mans bike.

What are you guys running for windshields? Has anyone played around with the "flared" windshields? I have heard decent things about Klock windshields. Any specific brands you suggest?

Has anyone had the same performance from shorter flared windshields as compared to a taller windshield with no flare.

I think tinting the windshield I have now would help me get over the obnoxious height issue, has anyone tinted there own windshield? Any issues?

Help

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,423 Posts
I'd look into Freedom Sheilds. They have 4 different levels of tint and a very tall version. I've got a 9" medium on order that should be here in a week or 2. The owner is running behind because of covid but all the shields are hand made. They're thicker than the factory shield, an inch wider, and have a flair.

Reactions: Gman1

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd look into Freedom Sheilds. They have 4 different levels of tint and a very tall version. I've got a 9" medium on order that should be here in a week or 2. The owner is running behind because of covid but all the shields are hand made. They're thicker than the factory shield, an inch wider, and have a flair.
Thanks, let us know how it works out. If the flare adds the same performance with a shorter windshield, that's the route I'll go.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,423 Posts
There's a couple other posts from people on here that got the first few that were available. From what I can tell, they are very happy with the results.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am 6’4” and have the Klock Werks flair. Riding around town in the down position works just fine. It allows just enough air to get past with out the bobble head issues. Once at freeway speeds I put it up and there is no wind hitting my helmet.

I recommend the Klock Werks flair it’s awesome.

·
Registered
197 Posts
There's a couple other posts from people on here that got the first few that were available. From what I can tell, they are very happy with the results.
I’m one of those guys that TechRider referred to... early supporter of local Colorado Freedom Shields (they used my bike for the initial hole pattern.)
I ran the 1st Challenger shield they made, a 15”... too tall for my 5’9” need but we used it to tweak the design. Luv the optical clarity, thickness (4.3mm), very smooth curvature to the wider sides & up to the effective top flare. 5yr warranty.
Passed that 15” demo shield to RidingFish when we meet in ColoSprings during his X-country ride. His review after riding it was . He switched to an 11” (with custom laser etching -yep Freedom offers that!) and I’m running a 9” light gray.
Best windshield I’ve ever used on 12 bikes across 40+ yrs.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,423 Posts
I just got my shipping notice on mine, should have it by the end of the week.

Reactions: Gman1
1 - 7 of 7 Posts