Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone develop a rattle in the windshield? Its not in the shield itself, but in the bracketry/mechanism somewhere. I've seen a couple videos about a rattle on the Chieftains, not sure if the Challenger uses the same setup or not. Just wondering what i might be in for here. Winshield works fine, just a rattle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have it in mine. I didn't notice it happening until like 1500 miles in, but I attributed it to being 6'5" with the little screen that came stock having to be straight up and down, and was hoping it'd fix itself when I got a larger one at a more aerodynamic angle. Do you have the stock screen?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
White bike.

I have the stock screen. It DEFINITELY just started. I have just over 400 miles on it. I can grab the shield and can see the brackets and all wiggle a little.

Gomna see if its loose somewhere in the fairing, because I checked all of the exposed bolts.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So looking in from the side, just above the bars there is a bolt (on both sides) and it connect to the arms that the windshield is attached to. They seem to have some play/slop in them. Every other bolt I could see (with the outer fairing removed) didn't appear to have slop. Does anyone know what those two bolts are actually attached to?

·
Registered
340 Posts

Appears the bolt/screw you are referring to connects the link to the pivot rod. If it feels loose, maybe snug the bolts up some see if that stops the rattle.
On my ‘17 Chieftain (not the same design I know) the pivot screws require retightening periodically. They loosen up and create a rattle.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
View attachment 595530

Appears the bolt/screw you are referring to connects the link to the pivot rod. If it feels loose, maybe snug the bolts up some see if that stops the rattle.
On my ‘17 Chieftain (not the same design I know) the pivot screws require retightening periodically. They loosen up and create a rattle.
I saw this breakdown last night. I checked them, they were tight. I'm gonna tell them at the 1st service. I'm thinking it might be that bushing #8. Because it's the bolts aren't loose, they appear to have wobble, if that makes sense. I was just wondering if anyone else had this before.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts