Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped the windshield nut down my fairing as I was replacing my windshield. I opened it up but was unable to locate it. Anyone have any idea where I can acquire a new one? I’m just missing 1. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,102 Posts
Cheapcycleparts.com
You can enter your bike and look up the parts based on the diagram...

·
German Rider
1,792 Posts
I mean, maybe the next Indian dealership could carry those - maybe, I think, I heard about that from a friend.... ;) :cool:

Cu,
Sven

Reactions: Sckness

·
Bronze member
3,102 Posts
If ya know the size [I believe it's metric] a lot of hardware stores now carry a pretty good assortment of metric nuts and bolts.So ya could try one of those stores.

·
Silver member
4,936 Posts
If no Indian dealer close by, hows'bout removing another nut and head out to a hardware store.

Davetac1 beat me to the punch, or he punched just before I did LOL

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’ve got a “temporary” fix on it now but would prefer the nut that goes with it instead. I checked out cheap cycle parts.com but just can’t find it in me to pay $12 and change for 1 nut. lol! I’ll have to ask my dealer next time I’m there if they happen to have an extra laying around. Thanks for the info from everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Read Only
416 Posts
May I suggest looking closer? I dropped one behind the fairing and did, eventually find it. I just wasn't going to give up knowing that some point it could fall out, chip the paint or I run over it and it decide to dig into my rear tire. It did take about 30 minutes to find it but found it lodged in a wiring harness. It's worth the effort in my opinion...??

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
May I suggest looking closer? I dropped one behind the fairing and did, eventually find it. I just wasn't going to give up knowing that some point it could fall out, chip the paint or I run over it and it decide to dig into my rear tire. It did take about 30 minutes to find it but found it lodged in a wiring harness. It's worth the effort in my opinion...??
This plus one...every damn time I have dropped one of my windshield nuts, if it did not hit the ground it was hung up on one of the harnesses.

·
Bronze member
3,470 Posts
I found a replacement at ACE hardware... next time put painters tape over them to keep them in... a lesson I learned the hard way too

Reactions: Sckness

·
Rider
1,240 Posts
Yeah I dropped one as well.
Its shameful how it dropped inside.
Had a soft rag stuffed all around and everything, but it still dropped in thru the creases in the rag and went ker plunk. I didnt want to leave it out so i paid the over priced cost to replace. It probably shook out somewhere on the road while riding maybe flew into the windshield of the person riding too close behind me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts